Hello and welcome to the details of Hezbollah says launches rocket salvo at Israeli-occupied Golan and now with the details
Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - This grab taken from a UGC video released on social media on February 8, 2024 shows a fireball errupting after an Israeli strike on a vehicle in Lebanon's southern city of Nabatieh, amid increasing cross-border tensions as fighting continues with Hamas militants in Gaza. — AFP/Social media pic
BEIRUT, Feb 10 — Iran-backed Lebanese militant group Hezbollah said it fired dozens of rockets at an army position in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights yesterday, hours after launching a salvo at northern Israel.
Yesterday’s attack came as Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian visited Beirut, and hours after Syria said it downed two drones near Damascus that it said entered its airspace from the Golan.
Hezbollah fighters targeted an Israeli army barracks “in the occupied Syrian Golan with dozens of Katyusha rockets”, the group said in a statement.
It had already claimed a number of other attacks yesterday on Israeli targets including “spy equipment” and a tank.
Since the outbreak of war between Israel and Hamas on October 7, the Lebanon-Israel border has seen near-daily exchanges of fire between Israel and Hezbollah, a Hamas ally.
The latest salvo came after Hezbollah said it fired dozens of Katyusha rockets at northern Israel late Thursday in response to an Israeli drone strike which seriously wounded a Hezbollah commander in the south Lebanon city of Nabatiyeh.
The Israeli military said that fighter jets struck a “military site” where Hezbollah fighters were operating in Maroun al-Ras and “military compounds” in two other south Lebanon towns.
Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency reported Israeli bombardment of multiple locations in the south.
After his arrival in Beirut yesterday, Amir-Abdollahian vowed that Iran would “continue to strongly support the resistance and Lebanon”.
“We consider the security of Lebanon as the security of Iran and the region,” he told a press conference.
The Iranian minister is to hold talks today with Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati and other top officials.
Recent weeks have seen a flurry of diplomatic activity in the Lebanese capital, as Britain, France and Germany have all sent their foreign minister to appeal for a return to calm on the border.
Concerns have been growing that the Gaza conflict might trigger a full-blown war between Israel and Hezbollah like that of 2006.
During four months of cross-border fire, at least 228 people have been killed on the Lebanese side, most of them Hezbollah fighters but also including 27 civilians, according to an AFP tally.
On the Israeli side, 15 people have been killed, six of them civilians, according to the Israeli army.
Israel seized the Golan Heights from Syria in the Six-Day War of 1967 and later annexed it in a move never recognised by the international community. — AFP
These were the details of the news Hezbollah says launches rocket salvo at Israeli-occupied Golan for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.