Qatar Airways to continue operations says CEO

Qatar Airways to continue operations says CEO
Qatar Airways to continue
operations says CEO

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Qatar Airways to continue operations says CEO in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - By Matthew Amlôt

DUBAI -- Despite the ongoing spread of the deadly coronavirus pandemic, Qatar Airways will continue to operate its fleet as long as necessary, CEO of the airline Akbar Al Baker said on Sunday.

The airline currently has plans to operate around 1,800 flights between March 29 and April 11, according to a statement, with most flights at 50 percent or less occupancy.

Al Baker echoed statements he had made earlier, adding that the airline would seek financial support from the Qatari government, and that “we have enough cash to take us through a very short period of time.”

The CEO said that some staff have chosen to take paid and unpaid leave as a result of the crisis, but that no staff have been laid off.

Qatar Airways is one of only global airlines to continue operation as most carriers shut down in the wake of border closures due to the coronavirus pandemic. The virus has so far infected over 665,000 people, with nearly 31,000 dead. Over 141,000 have recovered. -- Al Arabiya English


These were the details of the news Qatar Airways to continue
operations says CEO for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Don’t bully Riyadh, Saudi columnists tell Biden administration
NEXT Trump, returning to political stage, flirts with 2024 run