Hello and welcome to the details of PM Albanese says no help for 34 Australians linked to Islamic State in Syrian camp and now with the details
Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - Prime Minister Anthony Albanese stands outside the entrance to his office at Parliament House in Canberra on February 11. — AFP pic
SYDNEY, Feb 17 — Prime Minister Anthony Albanese refused help today for 34 Australian citizens related to suspected Islamic State jihadists, as they try to return home from a Syrian detention camp.
The Australians were released from the Roj camp yesterday but failed to reach the capital Damascus because of “poor coordination” with the Syrian authorities, a Kurdish official told AFP in Syria.
They were forced to return to the detention camp, said camp official Rashid Omar.
“As my mother would say, you make your bed, you lie in it,” Albanese told public broadcaster ABC.
“We have no sympathy, frankly, for people who travelled overseas in order to participate in what was an attempt to establish a caliphate to undermine and destroy our way of life,” he added.
“It is unfortunate that children are impacted by this as well, but we are not providing any support.”
Any of the citizens who made it back to Australia would face the “full force of the law” if they had committed crimes, the prime minister said.
The repatriation of the families of Islamic State members has sparked controversy in Australia, where some political leaders believe they pose a threat to national security.
Conversely, other voices have called on the government to assist the Australian citizens held in “horrific” conditions.
The humanitarian organisation Save the Children Australia filed a lawsuit in 2023 on behalf of 11 women and 20 children, seeking their repatriation.
But the Federal Court ruled against Save the Children, saying the Australian government did not control their detention in Syria.
Kurdish forces still control the Roj camp, where relatives of foreign jihadists are detained.
Syrian Kurdish forces withdrew from the larger al-Hol camp in January when the central government’s security forces took control of it.
Since then, thousands of women and children of foreign jihadists have fled that camp to unknown destinations. — AFP
These were the details of the news PM Albanese says no help for 34 Australians linked to Islamic State in Syrian camp for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.



