Sinead O'Connor's estate asks Trump not to use her music

Sinead O'Connor's estate asks Trump not to use her music
Sinead O'Connor's estate asks Trump not to use her music

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Sinead O'Connor's estate asks not to use her music in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - NEW YORK —The estate of Sinéad O'Connor has asked Donald Trump to stop using her music at his political rallies.

Last month, Trump played O'Connor's best-known song Nothing Compares 2 U at a campaign event in Maryland.

The singer's estate told BBC News it was "no exaggeration to say that Sinéad would have been disgusted, hurt, and insulted" by his use of her music.

Trump is running to be the Republican presidential candidate ahead of the US election in November.

A joint statement from O'Connor's estate and her longtime label Chrysalis Records said: "Throughout her life, it is well known that Sinéad O'Connor lived by a fierce moral code defined by honesty, kindness, fairness, and decency towards her fellow human beings.

"It was with outrage therefore that we learned that Donald Trump has been using her iconic performance of Nothing Compares 2 U at his political rallies.

"It is no exaggeration to say that Sinéad would have been disgusted, hurt, and insulted to have her work misrepresented in this way by someone who she herself referred to as a 'biblical devil'."

The statement concluded: "As the guardians of her legacy, we demand that Donald Trump, and his associates desist from using her music immediately."

The Guardian reported songs including Abba's Dancing Queen, Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire and Elvis Presley's Suspicious Minds were used in addition to Nothing Compares 2 U before Trump took to the stage on Feb. 24.

Written by Prince, O'Connor's version of Nothing Compares 2 U spent four weeks at No. 1 in the UK in 1990. O'Connor died last July aged 56. A coroner later said she died of natural causes.

Trump served as the 45th US president after winning the 2016 election, but he lost to President Biden in 2020.

Who else has asked Trump to stop using their music?

• In 2018 Rihanna threatened legal action after Trump used Don't Stop the Music at one of his rallies. Her legal team said she was not affiliated with the former president and did not support his campaign.

• The Rolling Stones said they sent cease and desist letters to Trump in 2016 after he played You Can't Always Get What You Want. He used the song again in June 2020 and the band has now threatened legal action if it is played again.

• The family of Italian opera singer Luciano Pavarotti objected to Trump using his recording of Nessun Dorma at a political rally. His family said Trump's views on immigration were in opposition to Pavarotti's efforts of raising money for refugees.

• In 2016, Trump used Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA at a political rally. The singer subsequently endorsed Trump's opponent Hilary Clinton which led to the song being booed every time the former president played it at rallies.

• Adele said she did not want her music used in any political campaigning after Trump used Rolling in the Deep and Skyfall at rallies in 2016.

• Sir Elton John said he believed as a British musician he had no place in US politics after he opposed Trump using Rocket Man and Tiny Dancer at rallies. Sir Elton said it was not personal, but added that his political views were very different to Trump's. — BBC


These were the details of the news Sinead O'Connor's estate asks Trump not to use her music for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT Barrage of Russian attacks aims to cut Ukraine's lights

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: [email protected]