Sarah Paulson (45) is safe in her relationship with Holland Taylor (77) and refuses to be petted by skeptics.
The actor, currently featured in the Netflix thriller “Ratched”, has since 2015 been in love with the 32-year-old TV star Holland Taylor – known from, among other things, “Two and a Half Men”.
Although the vast majority are positive, the couple also faces opposition due to the large age difference. For the October issue of Harper’s Bazaar, Paulson makes clear what she thinks about just that.
– When someone says something about a person I love in a disrespectful or naughty way, the bitch comes to me.
Paulson himself believes that the reason why many are so preoccupied with the large age gap is a reluctance to think that one is mortal.
– Our own age-discriminatory way of thinking is very much about us believing that getting old means that the passion disappears.
Paulson admits she has an ambivalent relationship with flagging privacy in public. The idea that other people feel ownership of her life is difficult to deal with.
– To feel that I belong to someone other than the person I actually belong to, like Holland or my dog - or my best friend or sister, is confusing. The fact that a whole bunch of strangers consider me “theirs”.
The movie star lifted on the opponent’s dress: The audience is growing
Paulson is also known from, among others, “American Horror Story”, “Glass”, “Oceans 8”, “People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story and Bird Box. The 45-year-old has been nominated for a number of generous awards, and has also won several statuettes.
Slaughter in VG
However, the role of Mildred Ratched in “Ratched” – inspired by the nurse from “Gjøkeredet” (1975) – is her biggest to date. VG’s reviewer was very lukewarm in his verdict and served two dice rolls. However, the series has become a great success for the power giant.
Power guide: Terribly good
Paulson himself is very proud of the product and his own efforts.
– The series has a message. It is beautiful, dangerous, scary and sexy, says the actor, who has also been a producer with series creator Ryan Murphy (54).
Also in “Ratched”, the character is a lesbian. The woman she falls for in the series is played by “Sex and the City” star Cynthia Nixon (54).
Paulson has a habit of failing to see himself on screen and screen. She prefers to steer clear of the end result, as with “Bird Box” in 2018. Nor “People vs. OJ Simpson »she has seen.
“Ratched” is an exception.
– Not just because I am an executive producer, but because it was the first time I did something like this. I have studied every detail this time and it was a confrontational experience. Having to “deal” with my own face.
In the role of Mildred, she just shows many faces, not only in nature and moods, but also literally.
– I’m not afraid to be ugly. In this very area, I dare say that I am fearless, she says.
Before joining Taylor, Paulson was in a seven-year relationship with 18-year-old actress Cherry Jones (63). Before that time, she dated men, also usually a lot older. Among other things, she was engaged to Tracy Letts (55).
“I think you value time more and what you actually have,” Paulson told the New York Times in 2016 about being with someone who is much older.
The “Two and a Half Men” star: Had depression for 15 years
When Taylor and Paulson started their romance six years ago, it was not the first time they met. They had met at a party eight years earlier, but then Paulson was with Jones, so romance was not in the cards.
Paulson has previously stated that she still thought Taylor was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen.
When they met again through work in 2015, nothing stopped them. They started following each other on Twitter, and after Taylor sent a private message to Paulson, they were up and running.
Paulson regularly posts romantic photos on social media. Taylor is more careful.
– I am from an older generation, so for me it is a surprise to see how open many are about privacy when they talk to the press, the 77-year-old told InStyle in 2017.
– For me it is not natural, but that does not mean that it is not good. Sarah is of course of a different generation. In the beginning, it was demanding to break through that membrane, but it has been good for me to be able to do it in a loving way, the veteran actor explained.
More spotlight news on VGTV:
Published: 22.10.20 at 17:20
VG Discount Codes
A commercial collaboration with kickback.no
These were the details of the news “Ratched” star Sarah Paulson demands respect for the relationship – VG for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.