Cavan headed for the Covid-19 danger zone as border districts may...

Cavan headed for the Covid-19 danger zone as border districts may...
Cavan headed for the Covid-19 danger zone as border districts may...
Cavan is headed for the Covid-19 danger zone and could overtake Donegal on the spread of infection as concerns rise over counties along the border.

The fortnightly incidence numbers for Covid 19 show today that the rate in Cavan has risen from 144.4 per 100,000 to 338.7 per 100,000 in a matter of days as the virus spread rapidly in the county.

Donegal, which is starting its third week of Level 3 restrictions, stands at 344.9 per 100,000, up from 312.2 per 100,000 last week.

Monaghan’s rate is now 319.3 per 100,000 and has escalated from 257.4 per 100,000 last week.

It is speculated that some border wards could be moved to Level 4 or 5 restrictions.

Northern Ireland’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Michael McBride recommends a six-week lockdown to contain the alarming level of infection in the north.

There has been an alarming rate of Covid-19 cases in Northern Ireland. There have been over 1000 new cases in the Derry and Strabane area in the past few days, with the highest rate of new cases in the UK.

It is understood that NPHET has contacted the NI government and that the three heads of government will meet this afternoon to discuss the budget. The possibility of more stringent restrictions on the border is expected to be explored.

A government source said the impact of a series of events following the GAA county finals and confirming parties a few weeks ago may have resulted in an increasing number of new cases in the border region.

Chief Medical Officer Tony Holohan was met with his northern counterpart, Dr. McBride, brought in to reconcile cross-border efforts to contain the virus.

Northern Ireland leaders have also held talks with Prime Minister Boris Johnson to discuss the deteriorating situation in the north, where more than 5,000 new cases have been recorded in the past seven days.

It is unclear whether a cabinet meeting will be called today to introduce new Covid-19 regulations across the border.

A full cabinet meeting is scheduled to take place in the morning to discuss the budget.

DUP MP Jeffrey Donaldson said that Dr. McBride would need significant data to justify a heavy six-week lockdown.

“What we ask the Chief Medical Officer, why do we need a full lockdown in areas where the infection rate is much lower to fight the spread of infection in places like Derry and Strabane?” He said on the BBC’s Nolan Show Radio Ulster.

“I think that’s a fair question,” he added.

In the meantime, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will set out on Monday his three-step strategy with areas in England classified as medium, high or very high risk and informing them of “appropriate interventions” required in each area.

Pubs, gyms and casinos will be forced to close and cut off travel to and from coronavirus hotspots, which are essential due to new measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

Although the level of infection appears to be stabilizing in Dublin, it remains high.

Other counties with high rates are Longford, Cork, and Roscommon.

This morning there were 221 patients with Covid-19 in the hospital, 30 of whom were very ill in the intensive care unit.

Doctors report that the rate of increasing approvals has increased faster in the past few days.

Dr. Holohan said yesterday, “It is important that all of the population consistently apply public health advice to their daily lives. Keep your social contacts to an absolute minimum and keep physical distance when you don’t need to be home.

“22 out of 26 counties have an incidence rate of 7 days as a percentage of the incidence rate of 14 days over 50 percent. This shows rapidly increasing growth rates across the country. ”

Online editors

These were the details of the news Cavan headed for the Covid-19 danger zone as border districts may... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT 25 persons emerge from shell-pounded steel complex in Mariupol