. Oil prices rise amid economic concerns

. Oil prices rise amid economic concerns
. Oil prices rise amid economic concerns
Oil prices rose, in the last trading of this week, in light of economic concerns over the demand for crude in the near term due to the high number of infections with the Corona virus.

US West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.37% to $82.42 a barrel.

Brent crude futures rose 0.51% to $84.90 a barrel, according to Bloomberg website data.

The rise came at a time when media outlets reported that China will release quantities of crude from its national strategic stocks during the Lunar New Year holiday, which begins on February 1, 2022, as part of a plan coordinated by the United States with other major consumers to reduce global prices. .

According to the sources, China agreed in late 2021 to withdraw quantities of oil from stocks, depending on the levels of black gold prices in the markets.

Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak predicted that global energy consumption will grow by 30% within the next 15-20 years.

The statement came during Novak’s participation in the “Gedar” forum, which was launched this year under the title “Russia and the world after the epidemic.”

“It is necessary to take a balanced approach and achieve a gradual transition (reducing carbon emissions) so as not to create problems for the economy and for human development. The world economy is growing, energy consumption is increasing, and in 15-20 years energy consumption will grow by 30%,” the Russian official said.

According to Novak, it is necessary to consider at the present time the issues of energy security, and noted that “everyone agrees that the share of hydrocarbons will decrease, but they will remain prominent in the global energy balance.”

He added that the share of hydrocarbons in the global energy balance will decrease by 2040-2050 from 85 percent to 70 percent, noting that the remaining 30 percent share in the energy balance is a very large amount even for renewable energy sources.

These were the details of the news . Oil prices rise amid economic concerns for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT Saudi Arabia, China discuss collaboration in urban development during Beijing meeting

Author Information

I have been an independent financial adviser for over 11 years in the city and in recent years turned my experience in finance and passion for journalism into a full time role. I perform analysis of Companies and publicize valuable information for shareholder community. Address: 2077 Sharon Lane Mishawaka, IN 46544, USA Phone: (+1) 574-255-1083 Email: [email protected]