We’re getting into the mood for the launch of new features tomorrow with the delivery tonight of the final versions of iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2 and tvOS 14.2!
There are quite a few new features in iOS 14.2: new emojis, additional wallpapers, support for the Intercom function between iPhone and HomePod, a revised and improved audio player, the appearance of a button Shazam in the control center, battery optimization for AirPods …
Devices incompatible with iOS 13 (iPod touch 6G, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad mini 2/3, and iPad Air) are still entitled to a specific update, iOS 12.4.9. This is bug fixing.
iOS 14.2: release notes
iOS 14.2 (build 18B92) includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- This version features over 100 new emojis, including animals, food, faces, household items, musical instruments, inclusive emojis and more.
- It includes 8 new wallpapers with versions for dark mode and light mode.
- The Magnifier app can detect nearby people and indicate your distance from them using the LiDAR sensor on the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- This version supports the iPhone 12 leather case with MagSafe.
- AirPods battery charging is optimized to slow down battery aging by reducing the time AirPods are fully charged.
- Headphone sound level notifications alert you when sound level may be affecting your hearing.
- New AirPlay controls let you stream media content to your home.
- Intercom functionality is supported on HomePods and HomePod mini from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay.
- HomePod can be connected to an Apple TV 4K to produce stereo, surround sound, or Dolby Atmos sound.
- This update allows anonymous statistics related to exposure notifications to be transmitted to participating public health authorities.
- This release also fixes the following issues:
- Apps are likely to appear out of order in the Dock on the Home screen.
- The camera’s viewfinder may be displayed in black.
- The locked screen keypad may not record the complete code entry.
- The Reminders app can suggest past times and dates by default.
- The Photos widget might not display content.
- The Weather widget is likely to display maximum temperatures in degrees Celsius while temperatures are set in degrees Fahrenheit.
- The description of the “Precipitation for the next hour” graph may indicate an incorrect end time for precipitation in the Weather app.
- Recording of voice memos is interrupted by incoming calls.
- A black screen may appear when viewing content with Netflix.
- The Watch app may quit unexpectedly when you open it.
- Some users’ GPS exercise routes and Health data do not sync between Apple Watch and iPhone.
- The CarPlay dashboard incorrectly displays the message “Nothing Listening”.
- Wireless charging may fail on some devices.
- Exposure notifications are disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud backup or when transferring data to new iPhone using iPhone migration.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.igen.fr/ios/2020/11/les-versions-finales-dios-142-et-de-tvos-142-sont-disponibles-118759
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Final versions of iOS 14.2 and tvOS 14.2 released for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at en24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.