Thank you for your reading and interest in the news Who is Takumi Minamino - Liverpool's first Japanese player? and now with details
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - Forward impressed during Salzburg's Champions League matches against the Reds
Dec 19, 2019
December 19, 2019
Japanese international Takumi Minamino signed for European Champions Liverpool on Thursday for a reported fee of £7.25 million (Dh34m) from Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg.
Minamino, 24, impressed during Liverpool’s two Champions League group matches this season and is reported to have signed a four-and-a-half-year contract.
"It has been a dream, my dream to become a Liverpool player," the forward told the club website.
"And I'm so excited that the moment has come true. To play in the Premier League was one of my targets.
"I think this is the top-class league in the world; I was thinking if my career as a footballer progressed smoothly, someday I would be able to play in the Premier League.
"But I never thought I would be able to play in this team and I'm really happy about it."
Minamino scored during the 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield in October and will officially join the club on January 1. So who is Minamino?
• Minamino joined Salzburg from Japanese club Cerezo Osaka in 2015.
• He made 199 appearances for Salzburg, scoring 64 goals.
• He has also has earned 22 caps for Japan and scored 11 times for his nation since making his debut in 2015.
• Minamino becomes the first Japanese player for Liverpool.
• He could be available for the FA Cup third round match against Everton on January 5.
• Shinji Okazaki (Leicester), Shinji Kagawa (Manchester United), Hidetoshi Nakata (Bolton) and Junichi Inamoto (Arsenal and Fulham) are some of the other Japanese who have played in the Premier League.
Updated: December 19, 2019 02:56 PM
These were the details of the news Who is Takumi Minamino - Liverpool's first Japanese player? for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The National and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.