Rival clubs were recently made aware that the Pies would be ready to part with their selection in the first round of the 2021 NAB AFL Draft, possibly for multiple picks in the pool this season.
Collingwood has confirmed that it is unlikely to use its first pick in next year’s draft as the club will gain access to father-son guns and Nick Daicos’ potential No. 1 pick over the next season.
Though Daicos – son of premier legend Peter and younger brother of promising Magpies wingman Josh – hasn’t played footy this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he has already been touted as one of the best players of a talented draft harvest in 2021 .
Collingwood therefore assumes that this year there will be a situation similar to that of the Western Bulldogs, whose selection in the first round – currently selection No. 14 – probably through an offer for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, a potential employee of Next Generation Academy, is wiped out.
WHO MOVES? All the latest trade and contract news
The dogs prepare to swap selection # 14 – either for players, multiple later selections, or for future selections – to avoid losing selections entirely if an early bid is made for Ugle-Hagan.
It is expected to be a busy trading period for Collingwood as they seek to create headroom by removing key players like Adam Treloar, Jaidyn Stephenson, Tom Phillips and Mason Cox from the club. – Riley Beveridge
Treloar future unclear with Hawks unlikely to offer
Hawthorn is unlikely to play for Collingwood’s Adam Treloar as the midfielder’s situation at the Magpies grows dire.
The club encourages Treloar to think about its future, despite being under contract until the end of 2025. His partner is traveling to Queensland to play netball in 2021.
Treloar was steadfast that he would see his deal at the club, but the events at the club have rivals watching with interest.
INDICATIVE DESIGN ORDER The selection of your club in its current form
Hawthorn football manager Graham Wright told Trade Radio on Monday that the Hawks would likely not be bidding on the Gun Onballer if he left Collingwood but wanted to stay in Victoria.
“Not yet at the moment. Like everyone else, we are an interested observer who just follows and observes what happens. He’s a very skilled player, he’s in a very good club, it seems like there’s a dead end there, ”said Wright.
“He’s a very highly paid player and has a long tenure. It’s not for us right now, but I thought you never say never.
“I think it would be unlikely and certainly Adam didn’t make any overtures about really wanting to leave Collingwood as far as I can see, but I don’t know enough about this situation to be honest.” – Callum Twomey
Dock workers and giants promote Hogan talks
Fremantle and Greater Western Sydney took the unusual move Monday to confirm that Jesse Hogan would become a giant before the terms of a trade were suspended.
Peter Bell, Dockers’ football manager, said the Giants had agreed to sign the former Demon, while the Giants said the two clubs had “reached an agreement”.
The clubs will now attempt to orchestrate a trade either directly or with the involvement of other parties.
Hogan last week pondered what’s best for his future while the Giants, along with a number of other clubs including Sydney, did their due diligence on the 25-year-old.
The Dockers said it was “amicable” that it was in Hogan’s best interests to continue his career outside of WA.
PHANTOM FORM GUIDE Cal Twomey’s latest leaderboard
Hogan apologized to Fremantle fans on Monday for his two-year stint at the club, which didn’t go as he’d hoped.
“I wish I could contribute a lot more to the football club than I did when I was here,” said Hogan.
“You won’t know how disappointed I am that it didn’t work out as I had hoped when I got to Dockers.
“I’m sorry, but I’m leaving a team that is on the way up and I wish you all the best of success in the future.” – Nathan Schmook
East coast hickey eyes move as conversations begin
West Coast ruckman Tom Hickey is keen to return to the East Coast with his young family and is currently in talks with Sydney about moving to the Swans.
The Swans are believed to have offered Hickey a three-year contract, with the Eagles having preliminary talks with Sydney.
Hickey is under contract for 2021 and the Eagles’ public stance has been that he is a duty player who has value as a replacement for club champion Nic Naitanui.
“He’s one of several players our team has spoken to,” Sydney football manager Charlie Gardiner told Trade Radio.
“I understand that Tom and his wife are interested in returning to the East for family reasons.”
DESIGN OF A HUB Latest news, profiles, highlights, more
If the Eagles and Swans agree to a deal, unsigned Premier ruckman Nathan Vardy is expected to land a new deal. – Nathan Schmook
In other news …
These were the details of the news Eagle goes east and Pies puts another chip on the table for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.