Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz was transferred to a “secret location” in...

Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz was transferred to a “secret location” in...
Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz was transferred to a “secret location” in...
A Saudi prince, who is being held in a guarded villa in Riyadh, was transferred without any official charges being brought to an “undisclosed location,” according to what a European parliamentarian revealed in a letter seen by AFP, on Wednesday.

Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz, 37, and his father have been arrested since January 2018 as part of a campaign of arrests of members of the royal family under the supervision of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Prince Salman, a graduate of the prestigious “Sorbonne” University in Paris who is fluent in several languages, and his father were detained in solitary confinement for about a year in Al-Ha’ir prison near Riyadh and then in a private villa with his father Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman, then he was transferred to a secret detention site last March. According to what several sources confirmed to France Press.

Three sources stated that he was mysteriously returned to the villa after about two months, after efforts that cost two million dollars and appeals from European parliamentarians calling for his release.

Last Saturday, the prince and his father were moved from the villa “to an undisclosed location,” according to what European parliamentarian Mark Tarbella said in a letter to the Saudi ambassador to the European Union.

The letter dated Tuesday said, “It is clear that their current deprivation of liberty is arbitrary and amounts to a violation of Saudi Arabia’s domestic and international obligations.”

“I urge you to demand the Saudi government to immediately disclose the whereabouts of” Prince Salman and his father, Abdulaziz bin Salman, the letter added.

The message sent by Trappella, who is the deputy head of the parliamentary delegation for relations with the Arabian Peninsula, was also sent to the European Commission, to the Saudi embassies in France and Belgium, according to a parliamentary source told France Press.

The Saudi authorities have not yet publicly commented on this case, and have not responded to Agence France-Presse’s request for comment on this development.

“They disappeared”

A source close to the detained prince also told France Press that the prince and his father were taken to a secret location, stressing that “no one knows where they were taken.”

The two men were previously allowed to make regular phone calls to their family, but since last Saturday there has been no contact, and the source added, “They have disappeared.”

Prince Salman is one of a number of members of the royal family who have been detained since the emergence of Prince Mohammed bin Salman as a powerful figure in the circles of Saudi power.

Last August, two human rights organizations, the Geneva-based human rights organization “Muna” and the London-based “ALQST”, filed a complaint with the United Nations against their detention, according to a document seen by AFP.

The two organizations and close to the prince confirmed that the latter and his father had not been subjected to any interrogation since their arrest, which means that their arrest “has no legal basis.”

The prince’s meeting with the US Democrat, Adam Schiff, may have disturbed the royal court, according to those close to the prince.

But his aides assert that “no political matter” has been addressed.

The US President-elect Joe Biden promised during his election campaign to re-evaluate the relationship with Saudi Arabia on the background of the human rights issue.

These were the details of the news Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz was transferred to a “secret location” in... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Al-Sudais launches presidency’s largest plan yet for Hajj season
NEXT Shoura Council speaker heads to Algiers for Arab parliamentary forum