Hello and welcome to the details of India-Africa summit in New Delhi postponed over deadly Congo Ebola outbreak and now with the details
Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - A worker (L) helps Professor Jean-Jacques Muyembe, director general of the National Institute for Biomedical Research (INRB), to put on protective equipment before entering a laboratory in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, on May 20, 2026. — AFP pic
NEW DELHI, May 21 — India and the African Union have postponed a summit meeting due to take place next week in New Delhi after a deadly Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo.
“Mindful of the emerging public health situation on the continent... the two sides agreed that it would be advisable to convene the Fourth India-Africa Forum Summit at a later date,” India’s foreign ministry said.
The India-Africa Forum Summit had been scheduled to take place in New Delhi from May 28-31.
India said it was ready “to contribute to Africa CDC-led (Centres for Disease Control) efforts aimed at addressing the evolving health situation”.
The World Health Organization said Wednesday that risk from a deadly Ebola outbreak is high in central Africa but remains low globally, adding that the virus had likely been spreading for months.
The outbreak of the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever was declared in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo Friday.
Ebola has killed more than 15,000 people in Africa in the past half-century.
The 17th Ebola outbreak to hit the DRC is already suspected of having caused 139 deaths from around 600 probable cases.
Delhi’s international airport on Thursday issued a health advisory for passengers arriving in India from DR Congo as well as neighbouring Uganda and South Sudan.
New Delhi, which stressed the importance of “continued cooperation in strengthening public health preparedness and response capacities across the continent”, said new dates for a summit would be set later. — AFP
These were the details of the news India-Africa summit in New Delhi postponed over deadly Congo Ebola outbreak for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.



