Netanyahu says Israel will push ahead with Rafah invasion

Netanyahu says Israel will push ahead with Rafah invasion
Netanyahu says Israel will push ahead with Rafah invasion

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Netanyahu says Israel will push ahead with Rafah invasion in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - TEL AVIV — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday said he would push ahead with a military offensive in Rafah, where 1.5 million displaced Palestinians are sheltering, despite US President Joe Biden's warning that doing so would be a "red line."

The Israeli leader's remarks come as the Islamic holy month of Ramadan begins and ceasefire talks stall. Israeli officials had previously warned that if hostages held in Gaza weren’t home by the start of Ramadan, they would launch a military offensive into Rafah.

Netanyahu said the operation in the southern city would not last more than two months, but did not provide specifics on the timeline. He also denied Biden's claim that he is "hurting more than helping" Israel in failing to limit civilian casualties in Gaza.

The Biden administration is not anticipating that Israeli forces will imminently expand their military operations into Rafah, two US officials told CNN.

The United Nations aid chief has warned that a ground invasion into Rafah could lead to "a slaughter."

Meanwhile, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has called for a longer-lasting ceasefire in the Gaza war "ideally during Ramadan.”

"Such a ceasefire should ensure that the Israeli hostages are finally released and that more humanitarian aid finally arrives in Gaza," the chancellor said in a video message on Sunday.

Scholz said he is “certain that the vast majority of Israelis and Palestinians want peace.”

Hamas remains open to mediated talks with Israel, the militant group's political leader said, after the two sides failed to reach a truce agreement and hostage release deal before Ramadan. But Ismail Haniyeh insisted that a permanent ceasefire in Gaza and the withdrawal of all Israeli forces was the only way forward to an agreement. A member of Hamas' political bureau told CNN there were "no dates yet" for Hamas negotiators to return to Cairo to resume talks. — CNN


These were the details of the news Netanyahu says Israel will push ahead with Rafah invasion for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Sunak has set us back, head of climate change watchdog says
NEXT Barrage of Russian attacks aims to cut Ukraine's lights

Author Information

I am Jeff King and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 4 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind Al-KhaleejToday.NET with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2016. I am an editor and reporter of “Financial” category. Address: 383 576 Gladwell Street Longview, TX 75604, USA Phone: (+1) 903-247-0907 Email: [email protected]