Israel’s Netanyahu appears to backtrack on reported comment linking Hamas attack to reservist protest

Israel’s Netanyahu appears to backtrack on reported comment linking Hamas attack to reservist protest
Israel’s Netanyahu appears to backtrack on reported comment linking Hamas attack to reservist protest

Hello and welcome to the details of Israel’s Netanyahu appears to backtrack on reported comment linking Hamas attack to reservist protest and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - On Saturday, protesters gathered outside Netanyahu’s residence, chanting Jail Now! in a public display of anger at the failures that led to last month’s deadly attack by Hamas gunmen on Israeli communities around the Gaza Strip. — Reuters pic

JERUSALEM, Nov6 — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appeared to backtrack on a comment he was reported to have made earlier about the need to check if a pre-war protest among army reservists pushed Hamas to carry out its attack last month.

Israel’s Channel 12 and other news outlets reported that Netanyahu said there may be a need to examine whether months of protests against his government, including by reservists who said they would no longer report for regular duty, added to Hamas’ motivation to carry out the October 7 rampage through southern Israel that triggered the current war.

But after public backlash, Netanyahu posted on X that Hamas started a war “because it wants to kill us all and not because of any argument within us.”

“Hamas was wrong — and therefore will be eliminated. Only together will we win,” Netanyahu said.

Advertisement

Earlier, Benny Gantz, who joined Netanyahu’s war cabinet from the opposition as part of an emergency government, said Netanyahu must retract his comment.

“Avoiding responsibility and slinging mud at the time of war is a blow to the country,” Gantz wrote on social media platform X.

On Saturday, protesters gathered outside Netanyahu’s residence, chanting “Jail Now!” in a public display of anger at the failures that led to last month’s deadly attack by Hamas gunmen on Israeli communities around the Gaza Strip.

Advertisement

The protest, which coincided with a poll showing more than three quarters of Israelis believe Netanyahu should resign, underlined the growing public fury at their political and security leaders. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Israel’s Netanyahu appears to backtrack on reported comment linking Hamas attack to reservist protest for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Belarus’ President Lukashenko to stand for re-election in 2025
NEXT FBI director warns that Chinese hackers are preparing to ‘wreak havoc’ on US critical infrastructure

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: [email protected]