We show you our most important and recent visitors news details UN chief strongly condemns DPRK spy satellite launch in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - NEW YORK — UN Secretary-General António Guterres has strongly condemned the latest satellite launch by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), his spokesperson said in a statement on Wednesday.
The country, commonly known as North Korea, attempted to fire off its first military reconnaissance satellite earlier that day but it crashed into the sea, according to media reports.
The DPRK has reportedly pledged to conduct another launch after it learns what went wrong.
The UN chief noted that any launch using ballistic missile technology is contrary to relevant Security Council resolutions.
“The Secretary-General reiterates his call on the DPRK to cease such acts and to swiftly resume dialogue to achieve the goal of sustainable peace and the complete and verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” the statement said.
The launch sparked confusion in neighboring South Korea and in Japan.
Authorities in South Korea’s capital, Seoul, sent text messages urging residents to move to safety but later said they were sent in error.
The Japanese government also issued a warning to people in Okinawa prefecture, located in the south of the country. — UN News
These were the details of the news UN chief strongly condemns DPRK spy satellite launch for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.