Cavani issued an official statement after being accused of racism

Cavani issued an official statement after being accused of racism
Cavani issued an official statement after being accused of racism

Edinson Cavani, the Manchester United striker, issued a statement apologizing for a post he wrote on social media, including racist abuse.

After Cavani scored a brace that led Manchester United to a 3-2 win over Southampton on Sunday in the Premier League, one of his followers praised him on the “Instagram” application, and Kavani replied, “Thank you, nigger.”

The international Uruguayan star Cavani said that what happened was just an overlap in meaning, adding that he was completely against racism.

“The message I posted after the match on Sunday was a tender greeting to a friend, in which I thank him for his congratulations after the match,” Cavani said in a statement published on the Manchester United club.

He continued, “The last thing I could mean is to offend someone. I am totally against racism and deleted the message as soon as it became clear to me that it could be interpreted differently. I would like to sincerely apologize for this.”

Cavani had already deleted the post, but this does not mean that Cavani will escape a ban for at least three matches, according to guidelines on social media, with the FA.

Manchester United stated: “It is clear to us that there was no malicious intent behind Edinson’s letter and he deleted it as soon as he was informed of the possibility of misunderstanding. Manchester United and all of his players are fully committed to combating racism.”

It should be noted that the same word was used by Luis Suarez in 2011, when he was a striker for Liverpool, when he spoke about Patrice Evra, the Manchester United player at the time, and Suarez received an eight-match suspension.

These were the details of the news Cavani issued an official statement after being accused of racism for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at eg24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Mitch McConnell to step down as Republican leader in US Senate
NEXT Syrian ministry: Israel strikes Damascus area