Father and two sons killed in a horror shooting event in...

A community was shocked after three men were found dead in a horror shooting event in Co Cork.

The bodies of Tadhg O’Sullivan and his two sons Diarmuid (22) and Mark (26) were found in the Assola area in Kanturk on Monday afternoon.

Cork Beo reports the deaths were linked to a disagreement over family heritage.

A full Garda investigation into the incident was launched, with Gardai also seeking witnesses to the tragic incident.



Mark O’Sullivan on his graduation from UCC on March 14, 2019 with his father Mark. The bodies of Mark, Brother Diarmuid and Father Tadhg were found shot dead in North Cork.

Here is a timeline of how the tragedy unfolded:

Just before 6:30 a.m. this morning, a woman in her sixties believed to be the deceased’s wife and mother alerted neighbors that she had been shot at home.

Gardai was then made aware of a “critical firearms incident” in the Assolas house and informed that there were three men in the house, one of whom may have suffered from gunshot wounds.

When they got to the scene, they were told that more gunshots had been heard and they started responding to the critical firearms incident.

The family home was surrounded by local Gardaí uniform and civilian clothes, supported by the armed support unit. Gardai approached the farmhouse with extreme caution because of the presence of firearms.

A chief of operations was assigned to control the incident, which is supported by the Emergency Response Unit, Armed Support Unit, National Negotiator Unit, Technical Support Unit (Garda Headquarters), Southern Region Dog Unit and Air Support Unit.

The HSE National Ambulance Service provided additional support.



Diarmuid O’Sullivan

Throughout the morning, trained negotiators tried to contact people in the house or for several hours, but were unsuccessful.

Members of the armed support unit who had traveled from Dublin entered the farmhouse shortly after 12:30 p.m. and discovered the younger brother’s body in his bedroom.

The Garda Air Support Unit helicopter then began a flight search in the adjacent areas for the other two men.

Around 1:40 p.m., two more bodies were discovered in neighboring countries, a man in his late 50s (Tadhg O’Sullivan) and a man in his late 20s, both with gunshot wounds.

The reaction to the critical incident on Lake Garda was stopped and both the house and the adjacent land were declared crime scenes.

A Garda spokesman said: “A Garda Síochána, under the direction of a senior investigator, opened a full investigation into all the circumstances of the incident.”

The state pathologist and the Garda Technical Bureau visited the scenes.

In Kanturk, a family liaison officer was appointed and an incident room was set up.

A press conference was held in front of Kanturk Garda Station today at 5:00 pm, at which Superintendent Adrian Gamble of Fermoy Garda Station confirmed that the three deceased were family members and described the incident as a “terrible tragedy”.

The family is believed to have recently blown up a major dispute over a will over a large property.

Local sources have told CorkBeo that the family has already been exposed to severe stress due to a serious illness affecting a family member.



The scene in Cork this afternoon
(Bild: Frances Watkins)

It is believed that Gardai was aware of legally held firearms in the house, which is relatively isolated and surrounded by land popular with local gun clubs.

The bodies are due to undergo a full autopsy shortly. Initial signs suggest that all three men died from gunshot wounds.

Three legally held firearms were taken for forensic investigation.

A Garda Síochána is currently not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.

A Garda Síochána appeals to anyone who has information that could help in the investigation of the incidents that occurred this morning to the Garda Investigative Service at Mallow Garda Station 022 31450, the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 or a Garda Turn station.

These were the details of the news Father and two sons killed in a horror shooting event in... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Hong Kong tycoon Jimmy Lai, others to be sentenced for illegal assembly
NEXT Youth join mainstream as India unveils development initiatives in Jammu and Kashmir