Two children, a girl, 5 years old, and her brother, only 1 year old, spent three days with their parents dead inside the house believing that the couple was sleeping. The case took place in St. Petersburg, Russia and was only discovered after Alexander and Viktoria Yakunin became incommunicado and ended up missing their family. The information is from the British website Mirror
Credit: Reproduction / VK.comChildren spend 3 days with dead parents at home thinking they are sleeping
The relatives only got in touch when the couple’s five-year-old daughter answered a call from her 36-year-old aunt Natalia Bakulina. The child, who took care of his one-year-old brother alone, said his father, 30, and mother, 25, had been “sleeping” for a long time and added that the man “had gone all black”.
Worried, the children’s aunt went to the apartment and found the couple dead in bed. “I ran… and saw everything. I fell and screamed, ”recalled the woman, according to the British website Mirror. Then the emergency and the police were called.
The aunt took the children of the couple from the apartment who are now in the care of Alexander’s father.
The suspected cause of death is food poisoning after consuming a pickled pickle contaminated with botulinum toxin, a substance produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. According to the police, a jar of pickles given by Alexander’s grandfather was open in the kitchen.
Canned with low acidity or stored based on poor preservation procedures present serious risks of causing the disease known as botulism. The condition can cause paralysis and even death from respiratory failure.
How to prevent or botulism
The best prevention is in the care with the consumption, distribution and marketing of food, in addition, of course, hygiene when cleaning food and hands. The Ministry of Health gives the following guidelines:
- Avoid eating canned food that is in stewed cans, fogged glass, damaged packaging or with changes in smell and appearance;
- Industrialized products and homemade preserves that do not offer safety should be boiled or cooked by
- at least 15 minutes before being consumed. High temperatures can eliminate toxins from botulism;
- Do not store food at a temperature above 15ºC;
- The preparation of homemade preserves must strictly obey hygiene care;
- Make sure that these measures have been taken by the establishment / vendor who prepared the food;
- Always wash your hands;
- Never give honey to a child under the age of one.
Antonio Fagundes vent and criticizes layoffs of Globo veterans
These were the details of the news Children spend 3 days with dead parents at home thinking they... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.