The security company explains: Therefore, the monitoring failed

A security system that repeatedly failed has been a topic several times during the trial against Laila Anita Bertheussen. Now a representative from the company is in the witness box.

There were six surveillance cameras in the home of the then Minister of Justice Tor Mikkel Wara. Several of the cameras did not work when the perpetrator struck. Photo: Police

Oct 15 2020 15:35

Last updated just now

Stanley security was responsible for the security system in the home of the then Minister of Justice Tor Mikkel Wara (Frp). The company had set up six cameras on the couple’s property on Røa. Yet the cameras never managed to film a perpetrator.

Time and time again, the actors in courtroom 250 have heard that the cameras were out of order. The prosecution has said that it was Bertheussen who turned off the cameras several times.

After the lunch break on Thursday, Espen Nilsen from Stanley security took the witness stand. He will now explain about the security facility on the property.

At that time, Stanley Security had an agreement with the Oslo Police District to secure the home of Minister Wara.

– When did you first come in contact with Wara / Bertheussen in connection with this case? asked prosecutor Thomas Blom.

Nilsen then replied that he came in contact with Bertheussen from January 2019. It was a month after the first vandalism against the house on Røa.

Espen Nilsen from Stanley security in Oslo District Court on Thursday. Photo: Ole Berg-Rusten / NTB

He emphasizes in court that it is important that the user is familiar with the installation. This with a view to its use.

– What is most important? The camera or the alarm? Blom wanted to know.

– The alarm is most important. The cameras do not have a warning system, Nilsen replied.

During the explanation, it emerged that the license for some of the cameras expired. Therefore, they stopped working for a while. It happened because they had to set up cameras pretty quickly. Therefore, they did not have a complete overview of the licenses.

In one case, craftsmen who worked in the basement of Wara and Bertheussen had to take the power. This also created problems for the cameras.

Prosecutor Blom showed in court a good number of reports between Bertheussen and Nilsen about problems around the cameras. For a time, only one in six cameras worked. After a few days, the company managed to bring all six to life.

also read

Bertheussen: – The only thing the ancient judgments say about me is that I confessed everything

«Null stress»

When asked by the prosecutor, Nilsen says that he has had a good collaboration with Bertheussen all the way.

– Did you often stop by Vækerøveien to sort out problems? asked defense attorney Bernt Heiberg.

– When I took over there in January 2019, I was there weekly. It is above average, but it was a large facility, Nilsen replied.

In one of the cases, Bertheussen had told Nilsen that it was not so important with security the weekend Wara had left. That was the weekend someone lit the car. Bertheussen then wrote in an SMS to Nilsen that “there was zero stress” with security because Wara was not home.

Nilsen then told the police that Bertheussen did not want technicians from the company to come and arrange the cameras when Wara was not home. The police then informed Nilsen that it was ok since Wara had left.

On Thursday, it again emerged in court that Bertheussen did not want to have hidden a camera on the property and the car, as PST had suggested.

also read

PST: This was the last few days before Bertheussen was suspected. The information made Bertheussen react.

The cameras become a central theme in the procedure

State Attorney Frederik Ranke says that problems with camera surveillance will be a topic during the prosecution’s procedure next week.

– We will comment on this in the procedure, but we believe that the cameras were disconnected by the accused, Ranke says.

Defender Bernt Heiberg says that Bertheussen has never turned off the camera with the intention that they will not film what happened.

– There are several different possibilities that the cameras may have fallen off. It may have happened when she tried to make them work. It may also have happened that there have been lye residues on the cables, so that the contact between the switch and the cable fell away, he says.

It has been documented earlier in the case that Bertheussen had a small pretzel bakery in the garage where there was often production. She used lye in connection with baking.

We further develop our articles.
Help us improve, give your feedback.

Give feedback

These were the details of the news The security company explains: Therefore, the monitoring failed for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT 25 persons emerge from shell-pounded steel complex in Mariupol