The Armenian militants also confirmed that they had regained control of some of the lands that they lost in the battles of the first day, accused Azerbaijan using Heavy artillery In the bombing, Armenian sources talked about closing the road leading to the northern part of the Nagorno-Karabakh region.
While the intensity of the fighting led to the suspension of flights at Baku airport in Azerbaijan due to the declaration of a state of war, the President of Azerbaijan signed a decree declaring a state of partial general mobilization in the country, a step that came after the Armenian Prime Minister announced the implementation of Martial law And public mobilization in his country.
But what is the “conflict story” in Nagorny Karabakh, where is the disputed territory located, and why is fighting raging again?
- The territory is located in the heart of the territory Azerbaijan Its capital is Sitban Curt, but it has been under Armenian control since the war that began in the early 1990s.
- The region is 270 km to the west from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.
- The territory covers an area of 4,800 square kilometers, and it is dominated by mountainous nature.
- The region is home to about 150 thousand people … Armenians currently represent about 95 percent of their number.
- Nagorny Karabakh A region poor in its economic resources, whose economic activity depends on Agriculture and livestock Some of the food industries are popular crops such as grains, cotton and tobacco.
- In 1992 the region declared its secession from Azerbaijan without even being recognized by any state ArmeniaHowever, elections were held in the region in August 2002.
- The “undeclared” goal of both parties with the renewed conflict is to control the largest area of land in the region, or to defend its current locations.
- Observers also see that the conflict today has transcended the two neighboring countries, becoming a power struggle and a proxy war between different powers in that region.
The following are the international positions on the conflict
- European Union: Condemns foreign interference in the Nagorno-Karabakh region
- The United Nations: Calls for an immediate end to the fighting
- The United States: Calls for a ceasefire and the resumption of negotiations
- RussiaIt calls on all parties, especially the parties to the conflict, to exercise restraint
- China: Calls for political dialogue to resolve disputes
- Turkey: Stand with Azerbaijan in the conflict
- Saudi Arabia: Calls for a ceasefire and for peaceful means
These were the details of the news “Territory of blood” … the “unspoken” reason for the Nagorno-Karabakh fighting for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.