We extracted these numbers from 3 reliable sources in this regard, namely “Data Report” (data reportal), States go (status brew), broadband search (broadband searchThe statistics of the first source are the most recent, as they go back to July 2021, while the statistics of the second source go back to March of the same year, and the third source indicates that it is for the year 2021 without specifying a specific month.
- More than half of the world’s population, 7.87 billion people, currently use social media.
- 4.80 billion people around the world use the Internet until July 2021, 316 million (7.3%) more than their number at this time last year, and they constitute 60.9% of the world’s population.
- 4.48 billion people use social media (according to July 2021 statistics), and the number of social media users is currently 56.8% of the world’s population.
- 520 million new users joined social media in the last 12 months of July 2012.
- These numbers indicate that more than 9 out of 10 Internet users now use social media every month.
- The average person has accounts on more than 9 different social networks.
- The average person uses or actively visits an average of 6.6 different media platforms each month, and spends approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes using social media per day.
- 91% of social media users access it through their mobile devices.
- Assuming that people sleep between 7 and 8 hours a day, the latest figures indicate that they spend about 15% of their waking lives using social media.
- The world spends more than 10 billion hours a day using social media, which is equivalent to about 1.2 million years of human existence.
Here we review the number of monthly active users of the most prominent social networking sites according to statistics July 18, 2021:
- Facebook 2.85 billion monthly active users
- YouTube has 2.29 billion monthly active users
- WhatsApp has 2.00 billion monthly active users
- Instagram 1.38 billion monthly active users
- Facebook Messenger 1.30 billion monthly active users
- Tok has 732 million monthly active users
- Telegram has 550 million monthly active users
- Snapchat has 514 million monthly active users
- Pinterest 478 million monthly active users
- Twitter 397 million monthly active users
- WeChat (the Chinese alternative to WhatsApp) 1.24 billion monthly active users
- Sina Weibo (the Chinese alternative to Twitter) 530 million monthly active users
- QQ (the Chinese alternative to Facebook Messenger) 606 million monthly active users
Facebook Statistics 2021
- With over 2.85 billion active users, Facebook remains the king of social media
- Facebook is the third most visited website, surpassed only by Google and YouTube.
- It is the second most downloaded application by users, and the Facebook Messenger application comes in seventh place.
- India is the country whose population uses Facebook the most, including 230 million per month.
- Facebook users spend an average of 35 minutes on the platform per day.
- In a month the average Facebook user likes 12 posts and makes 4 comments.
- The average Facebook user clicks 12 ads per month.
YouTube stats 2021
- Users watch more than 500 billion videos per day on YouTube, which makes up more than one billion hours of YouTube videos per day.
- 400 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 1.3 billion people use YouTube on a regular basis.
- YouTube users spend about 40 minutes on the platform per day
Instagram stats 2021
- More than 1.38 billion people currently use Instagram every month
- Instagram has more than 500 million daily active users
- On average, people interact with Instagram photos 23% more than they interact with Facebook photos.
- 70% of Instagram users search for brands.
- 130 million Instagram users click shopping posts each month.
- Instagram users spend about 30 minutes on the platform per day.
tik tok stats 2021
- TikTok has more than 732 million monthly active users, up from less than 30 million less than two years ago.
- About 13 million new videos are uploaded to Tik Tok every day.
- YouTube is the second most visited website in the world, surpassed only by Google.
- 28.56% of TikTok users open the app at least once a day.
- TikTok users spend 52 minutes on the platform per day.
Twitter statistics 2021
- Twitter has 397 million monthly active users
- More than 500 million tweets are sent daily through the app
- 80% of Twitter users are from outside the US.
- 80% of Twitter users are well-off millennials.
- Twitter users spend about one minute on the platform per day
Social media is a source of news
In a global statistic, the following percentages of those who say they use social media to discover and access news content were:
- Facebook 44%
- YouTube 29%
- Watsab 23%
- Instagram 15%
- Twitter 13%
- Facebook Messenger 12%
- Telegram 6%
- Tik Tok 4%
- LinkedIn 4%
- Snapchat 2%
These were the details of the news Social media.. facts and figures | technology for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.