CIA agent Russell Adler and his undercover team try to track down Perseus, a Soviet spy who had his hand in some global cookie jars. There are two side missions that you can use to defeat some of his allies, and Operation Chaos is the more difficult of the two.Operation Chaos assigns you to find Robert Aldrich, a CIA officer who defected to the Soviet side and is building a sleeping cell in the United States. To complete the mission, during the main campaign missions, you will need to do some leg work and gather evidence that will help you solve a numerical puzzle that will decipher a floppy disk. If you miss any of the pieces of evidence listed below, keep in mind that you can repeat any mission before starting the last one. So don’t fret.
Here’s how to decrypt the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War disk and complete Operation Chaos.
WARNING: Spoilers for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beyond this point.
Where to Find the Call of Duty: Black Ops Operation Chaos Evidence of the Cold War Operation
There are three pieces of evidence that you need to find in order to decrypt the floppy disk. They are spread over three different missions. Here are the three pieces of evidence and where to find them.
- An encrypted message: You get this from Quasim at the end of the first mission, Nowhere to Run – if you don’t toss him over the edge. If you question him and get him to tell you more about Arash, you will get this piece of evidence.
- Numbers Station Broadcast: During the mission “Brick in the Wall” there is an opportunity to release an informant who helped you obtain information about the Soviet spies. Sneak to where he’s being held in a warehouse, dispose of the guards, and there’s an audio reel on the table. It is literally Operation Chaos written on it, you can’t miss it.
- Front page of The Observer newspaper: There is a fake bar in the strange American town that the Soviets built into a base during the Redlight, Greenlight mission. Above is the final piece of evidence – the front page of The Observer.
How to Get the Call of Duty: Black Ops Operation for the Cold War Chaos Code and Passphrase
After getting all three pieces of evidence, you need to use them to get both a Code and a Passphrase This will decrypt the disk. It seems like every player will find a different solution to this puzzle, so you’ll have to do a bit of legwork yourself. As you can see from my screenshot, I hadn’t received the final piece of evidence at this point, so I’m missing some key numbers in A Coded Message. Don’t worry, you have all the numbers as long as you get all three pieces of evidence.
Put your ears on and get ready to do some math. Here’s how to get the passphrase and code.
- Passphrase: Open a coded message and examine the sheet of paper. You will find that there is a sequence of red and blue numbers and letters, with a single horizontal line filled with just numbers and question marks. The red and blue numbers follow a pattern, and you need to figure out what pattern it is to find out which numbers are missing. Every pattern is different, so prepare yourself for some math. Once you’ve figured out which numbers are missing, you’ll be given a four-digit sequence that corresponds to a city in Numbers Station Broadcast. This city is your passphrase.
- Code: Examine the Observer’s title page, which shows a random selection of letters written in red (these letters are different for each player). When you check out the Numbers Station Broadcast again, you can spell one of the places using the jumbled red letters in the newspaper. Find out what city you are and get the city code from Numbers Station Broadcast. This is your code.
How to decode the Black Ops Cold War disk and complete Operation Operation
Now all you have to do is select “Decrypt Disk” and enter your code and passphrase from the puzzles you have solved. If you did it correctly you will crack the code, decrypt the floppy disk, and get the information you need to carry out Operation Chaos.
These were the details of the news How to decode the Black Ops Cold War disk and complete... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.