Developers are busy putting the finishing touches on their apps to take advantage of the new MacOS Big Sur features, support the new Macs next week with Apple’s own M1 chip, and add to the updated MacOS design. Many users will try to upgrade their Macs as soon as Big Sur becomes available.
While Apple did not provide an exact time for the release of macOS Big Sur, we can make some educated guesses based on Apple’s localized websites for different countries and previous releases.
While Apple lists the release date as November 12th in much of the world, localized websites for some Eastern Hemisphere countries list the launch date as November 13th, as the launch time in those countries is after midnight.
Specifically, Apple lists a November 12th release date on its Indian website while its November 13th release date is listed on its Thai website.
Given that these two countries are 90 minutes apart by time zones, this is relatively close, which suggests a window between 9:00 am and 10:30 am Pacific time. The most likely publish time on this window is 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, a common publish time for Apple. A release at this time would correspond to 11:30 p.m. on November 12 in India and 1:00 a.m. on November 13 in Thailand. Same method
when iOS 14 was released.
Based on different dates listed on Apple's website in different countries, it seems the #iOS14 release window is between 11:30am-1:00pm Pacific / 2:30pm-4:00pm Eastern— MacRumors.com (@MacRumors) September 16, 2020
It’s worth noting, however, that major macOS versions have typically gotten closer to 11:00 a.m. Pacific time in recent years. So it’s entirely possible that this could be a little later than our 10:00 AM forecast
There is no guarantee that Apple will meet its normal release time. Using our best estimate of 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, here’s a breakdown of what corresponds to other time zones in the US and around the world:
- Honolulu, Hawaii – 8:00 p.m. HST
- Anchorage, Alaska – 9:00 a.m. AKST
- Cupertino, California – 10:00 a.m. PST
- Vancouver, Canada – 10:00 a.m. PST
- Phoenix, Arizona – 11:00 a.m. MST
- Denver, Colorado – 11:00 a.m. MST
- Chicago, Illinois – 12:00 CST
- New York, New York – 1:00 p.m. EST
- Toronto, Canada – 1:00 p.m. EST
- Halifax, Canada – 2:00 p.m. AST
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – 15:00 BRT
- London, UK – 6:00 p.m. GMT
- Berlin, Germany – 7:00 p.m. CET
- Paris, France – 7:00 p.m. CET
- Cape Town, South Africa – 8:00 p.m. SAST
- Helsinki, Finland – 8:00 p.m. EET
- Moscow, Russia – 9:00 p.m. MSK
- Istanbul, Turkey – 9:00 p.m. TRT
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – 10:00 p.m. GST
- Delhi, India – 11:30 p.m. IST
- Jakarta, Indonesia – 1:00 a.m. WIB the next day
- Shanghai, China – 2:00 CST next day
- Singapore – 2:00 p.m. SGT the next day
- Perth, Australia – 2:00 AWST next day
- Hong Kong – 2:00 am HKT the next day
- Seoul, South Korea – 3:00 KST next day
- Tokyo, Japan – 3:00 JST next day
- Brisbane, Australia – 4:00 p.m. AEST the next day
- Adelaide, Australia – 4.30pm ACDT next day
- Sydney, Australia – 5:00 a.m. AEDT the next day
- Auckland, New Zealand – 7:00 a.m. NZDT the next day
“MacOS Big Sur” is compatible with most machines from 2013 onwards.
The OS update does not support the following Macs that could run macOS Catalina:
- 2012 and early 2013 MacBook Pro
- 2012 „MacBook Air“
- 2012 and 2013 iMac
- 2012 “Mac Mini”
For full details on what’s new in MacOS Big Sur, check out our summary, which provides a comprehensive overview of the updated design, updates to major apps, and other new features.
These were the details of the news Here you can download macOS Big Sur in time zones around... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.