- To set the sleep timer in Windows 10, you need to open the “Power & Sleep” menu.
- The sleep timer in Windows 10 controls how long your PC has to be idle before it switches to the energy-saving “sleep” mode.
- If you want to extend the battery life, you should set a short sleep timer.
- Check out the Business Insider Tech Reference library for more stories.
The sleep timer in Windows 10 controls when your PC goes into “sleep” mode. This prevents screen burn-in and prevents your computer from using more power than necessary.
This is especially useful when you are using a laptop that is not connected and want to keep your PC alive for as long as possible.
By default, most Windows 10 computers do not go to sleep for two hours. Fortunately, you can always change this.
How to set the sleep timer on a Windows 10 computer
1. Press Windows Key + Q to bring up the search menu and enter “Sleep”.
2. If “Power and Sleep Settings” appears in the results, click it.
3. In the “Power & Sleep” menu that opens, scroll down to “Sleep”. You can use the drop-down menus there to control when the PC goes to sleep. If you are using a laptop, there may be separate options for charging and unplugging the computer.
4. Click the drop-down menus to open them and choose how long you want your computer to sit idle before going to sleep.
As soon as you close this window, your settings will be saved. You have now set your sleep timer.
These were the details of the news Here’s how to change your Windows 10 computer’s sleep timer to... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.