Mojang Studios announced today the migration of accounts Mojang (Java Edition) to an account Microsoft. Because they have decided that in the future all Minecraft games will require a Microsoft account to play – including Minecraft Java Edition. Why ? To ensure that all Microsoft accounts benefit from these features:
- Increased security for your account with two-factor authentication. In other words, it is more difficult for someone to access your account without your permission.
- All your Minecraft games on PC will be logged into the same account. Currently it is Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons, but who knows what we’ll do next?
- Improved parental controls to better keep children safe when playing online.
- Possibility to block messages and invitations.
Now, just to be clear, the account migration Mojang to accounts Microsoft is obligatory. If you don’t, in a few months you won’t be able to log in – which means you won’t be able to play either. But don’t worry, as clear and detailed instructions will be given on how to do this. You’ll get the info you need from minecraft.net, an FAQ on the support page, videos on the YouTube channel, and even emails straight to your inbox.
After the account move, everything you love about the Java Edition will still be there. You will still be able to create and use mods and skins (current skins are kept), as well as play with your friends on Java servers (regardless of version). You’ll also keep your Minecraft Java username, and new players will still have the option to choose their Minecraft username.
The only difference ? You will receive a nice reward once you sign in with your Microsoft account: a special cape ! This way everyone will know you were there for the big move and that you have an impeccable fashion sense. And who knows? You might even have more than one outfit to show off – but we’ll tell you more about that later.
If you already have a Java or Mojang account, you will need to start switching accounts at the start of 2021. New players who get the Java Edition for the first time will create Microsoft accounts instead of Mojang accounts from this fall. How is it going to be? Here’s an overview of the process:
- Since there is a large community of Java players, we will need to move players to Microsoft accounts in waves. But everyone will be moved, and you will have the opportunity to participate and receive your cape! Or your capes….
- You will receive an email which will contain instructions on how to move your account. We won’t send the email to everyone at the same time – so don’t panic if your friend received it and you didn’t. Everyone will have their turn.
- Once you have completed the steps, you will use your Microsoft account to sign in to Minecraft in the future. You will no longer be able to log in using your Mojang account.
- You will receive your cape as a thank you.
These were the details of the news Migration of Java Edition accounts to Microsoft for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at en24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.