Instagram provides an easy way to share photos and short videos with friends, family and the rest of the world, but at the same time it may cause security and privacy risks if you have a public account. Instagram users are often exposed to pressures that include abuse from others in harmful comments on their photos. This prompts them to delete their account, whether permanently or temporarily, but now you will not have to do that, as the Instagram platform offers you a set of tools that allow you to block offensive comments easily.
Here’s how to easily block offensive comments on your posts:
• Go to the Instagram application on your phone, whether it is running Android or iOS.
• Go to your personal account by clicking on your photo that appears in the lower right corner.
• Click on the three lines icon in the upper-right corner to access the side menu, then click on the Settings option Settings
• Click on the Privacy option Privacy
• Within the interactions section Interactions-Tap on the Comments option Comments
• You will find the first option named Hide offensive comments Hide Offensive Comments Enabled by default, a feature provided by Instagram to discover unwanted or inappropriate comments before they reach you and block them as it relies on artificial intelligence techniques in its work, and blocks offensive comments on your posts, and the inappropriate responses you may receive on your stories, as well as blocking offensive comments during Live broadcast.
• But this feature alone won’t be an effective solution every time, and some offensive comments may still appear, because the AI algorithms that operate it keep learning based on what you and other users specify..
• So the second option is called manual filtering Manual Filter It is the right solution, as it allows you to choose words or phrases that are considered offensive. And if Instagram detects a comment containing any of them, it will block it.
• Once activated the manual filter option Manual Filter By pressing the toggle button next to it, a text field will appear for you that you can enter the words that you do not want to see in the comments, and if you plan to add more than one, do not forget to separate them with commas.
• The feature also supports the Arabic language, so you can enter the words that you do not want to see in the comments in Arabic or in English, or both, as you wish.
• There is also a third option called Filter Most Reported Words Filter Most Reported WordsEnabling it will block all comments that include words and phrases that are often present in comments that users report as offensive or spam..
How to report abusive comments:
• To report a comment on Instagram, whether this comment is on your own post or a post appearing on your home page, all you have to do is long press on a comment until you see an exclamation mark icon in the upper right corner.
• Click on the exclamation mark icon, then click on the option to report this comment Report This Comment.
You will see two options: Annoying it’s spam, Or not desirable it’s inappropriate, Select the option you deem appropriate.
These were the details of the news How to get rid of offensive comments on Instagram? for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at eg24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.