On Sunday, the Australian authorities submitted 13 pages of documents before a subsequent hearing that will decide whether the Serbian tennis star can remain in the country to participate in the first Grand Slam tournament this year, or be deported, according to the British “Sky” network.
Djokovic arrived in Australia last Wednesday to participate in the famous Melbourne Championship, but a “mistake” in his papers prevented him from entering the country, where he remains detained until a “judicial” decision on the matter.
Lawyers for the Serbian star said that he obtained a medical exemption (from the requirement to receive the Corona vaccine) after he tested positive for the virus on December 16, and that he completed filling out the required documents before traveling to Australia.
But the government maintains that it “did not state the applicant to accept his so-called medical exemption”, and continued that “the power to rescind was activated by law upon his arrival in Australia”.
The Serbian star has been opposing “compulsory vaccination” against Corona since last year, and he has always refused to disclose whether he received the vaccine or not, which is a condition for entering Australia in light of the ongoing pandemic.
Djokovic, 34, is equal in the record number of Grand Slam titles, with his most prominent competitors, the Swiss Roger Federer and the Spanish Roger Federer, with 20 titles each, which means that winning the Australian Championship gives a lot in the exciting struggle between the three for the title of “best in the world”. Date”.
On Sunday, the Australian government lost a request to postpone the case until next Wednesday, when the final decision is expected to be announced on Monday.
The medical exemption granted to Djokovic sparked angry reactions in Australia, as the president of the Local Tennis Federation, Craig Tiley, asked him to disclose the reasons for this exemption, although he did not disclose at all whether he had received a vaccine against the “Covid-19” virus or not.
“It would certainly be useful for Novak to explain the circumstances under which he applied for an exemption” to participate in the tournament scheduled for January 17-30, Tiley, also director of the Australian Open, told reporters on Wednesday.
He added, “I encourage him to talk to the community about this. We’ve been through a very difficult time over the past two years, and I would appreciate some of the answers for that.”
These were the details of the news Djokovic’s drama.. Official Australian documents reveal “what went wrong” for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.