Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Liverpool will be without Fabinho for visiting West Ham.
The Brazilian midfielder, who was represented in the defense instead of Virgil van Dijk, sustained a thigh injury when the Champions League clash against Midtjylland on Tuesday evening.
Reds boss Klopp said: “He will be out the weekend and probably a little longer.”
However, captain Jordan Henderson is ready to play a role after his midweek half-time substitution while Van Dijk has undergone “successful” knee surgery to repair the anterior cruciate ligament damage suffered in the Merseyside derby. Thiago Alcantara builds up his fitness and is assessed.
To inform West Ham Striker Michail Antonio was banned from Liverpool trip on Saturday but David Moyes hopes he won’t be absent for too long.
Antonio, who has scored three goals this season and 11 since the restart, hobbled away from Manchester City last weekend with a hamstring injury.
Sebastien Haller or Andriy Yarmolenko will replace Antonio in attack. Said Benrahma could also join the squad for the first time since moving from Brentford.
How do you follow?
Saturday, October 31, 5:00 p.m.
Start at 5:30 p.m.
Liverpool versus West Ham will be broadcast live Sky Sports Premier League from 5 p.m. on Saturday evening football; Kick-off at 5.30 p.m. Sky Sports Customers can view in-game clips on the Live Match blog on the website Sky Sports Website and app. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Soccer YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
Jones Knows’ prediction
Liverpool’s ‘injury crisis’ could lead some predictors to trust West Ham this Saturday night. Don’t go there.
The long-term injury of Virgil van Dijk gave Jürgen Klopp a lot to think about when choosing the central defender. He may have to turn to the youth as it is unclear whether Joel Matip has recovered from a muscle injury to play at Anfield.
With Alisson back in goal, Liverpool will certainly be strong enough to hold it tight enough at the back, especially with the front three looking scorching hot on the other end. In my opinion, the drop from Alisson to Adrian is far greater than that from Van Dijk to Matip.
I wouldn’t be surprised if a run took shape in Liverpool between now and Christmas.
Liverpool’s potentially makeshift defense will have an easier time than if Mikhail Antonio were fit. His injury takes a heavy blow to David Moyes, who intelligently made Antonio’s skills an integral part of the way West Ham counters. Without him, West Ham will lose the ball away from home – it was the trigger for the impressive win in Leicester. In two games in which Antonio went missing on the street under Moyes, West Ham lost both games by a total of 5-1.
If Liverpool scores early, the floodgates can open here.
JONES KNOWS PREDICTION: 3-0 (9/1 with Sky Bet)
Go for statistics
- Liverpool have been unbeaten in their last eight Premier League games against West Ham (W6 D2) since losing both meetings with the Hammers in the 2015/16 season.
- West Ham have won just one of their last 47 away games against Liverpool (D12 L34), winning 3-0 in August 2015.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 62 Premier League home games (W51 D11) and have won 28 of their last 29 games at Anfield. If they avoid defeat here, it will be the longest undefeated home game for the Reds in their league history (63 between February 1978 and December 1980).
- Liverpool received more red cards on Halloween than any other team in the Premier League (3) – Jason McAteer against Leicester City in 1998, Jamie Carragher and Philipp Degen against Fulham in 2009.
- After losing their first two Premier League games this season, West Ham are unbeaten in their last four games (W2 D2).
- Both Sadio Mane (5 goals, 3 assists) and Mohamed Salah (6 goals, 2 assists) have been involved in eight goals in six Premier League games for Liverpool against West Ham, with Mane in each of his last four games against the net found hammers.
- West Ham boss David Moyes has never won 15 away games in the Premier League against Liverpool (D6 L9) – only Moyes himself (17 against Arsenal) has overseen more away games against a team without a win in the competition.
- Diogo Jota has scored in both of his Premier League games for Liverpool at Anfield – the last player to score in each of his first three home games for the Reds in competition was Luis García in October 2004.
Pitch to Post Preview: Jamie Redknapp on Man Utd vs. Arsenal; plus Liverpool’s CB options, and will Everton jump back?
Jamie Redknapp joins Peter Blacksmith on this week’s show to check out Sunday’s showdown between Mann Utd and Arsenal and says there are more questions than answers at Old Trafford than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is preparing for his 100th responsible game.
Sky Sports News Reporter Vinny O’Connor has the latest on Liverpools Injury problems and discussed the young players who could cover in the central defender.
And Sky Sports statisticians Matt Cheetham select the numbers that explain why Evertons A loss at Southampton could just be a slip and make him brave pitch for what will happen in the Premier League this weekend.
Listen to the Sky Sports Pitch To Get Podcasts On: Spotify | Apple | Castbox
These were the details of the news Live Match Preview – Liverpool v West Ham 31/10/2020 for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.