This afternoon, the Giro will be decided in Milan in a time trial of 15 kilometers. For Jai Hindley and Tao Geoghegan Hart it will be the most important day in their still fledgling cycling career. But who has the best cards?
Jai Hindley and Tao Geoghegan Hart are not known as top time drivers. In the time trials in the Giro, Hindley finished in 46th and 34th place.
The Brit from Ineos-Grenadiers did well in the long time trial with 13th place, but he lost a lot of time in the opening time trial as 126th.
Nevertheless, Geoghegan Hart seems to have the advantage. Hindley and Geoghegan Hart have already been at the start of a time trial 10 times together with the pros, only 2 times was Hindley faster than his good friend.
In the flat time trial in Tirreno-Adriatico (over 10 kilometers) Geoghegan Hart was also faster than the Australian from Sunweb, although the difference was only 6 seconds.
|Giro 2020 time trial||Jai Hindley||Tao Geoghegan Hart|
|rit 1: Monreale-Palermo (15 km)||in 16’39”||in 17’28”|
|rit 14: Coneglioano-Valdobbiadene (34 km)||in 46’19”||in 45’04”|
|rit 21: Cernusco sul Naviglio – Milaan (15.7 km)|
Why Jai Hindley wins the Giro
- Hindley seemed to be the strongest rider in this Giro in the final week. As a result, he starts the time trial as perhaps the freshest rider of the title candidates.
- On paper, Tao Geoghegan Hart is the better time trialist, so the pressure is on him, Hindley can start without pressure, he would be a complete surprise as the overall winner.
- Hindley may be in the same time as his competitor, but he is allowed to hit the road last and in the pink jersey. So he knows the intervals of Geoghegan Hart and maybe the pink jersey will give him wings.
Why Hindley doesn’t win the Giro
- Hindley has not yet ridden a good time trial in this Giro and his time trials from the past do not suggest that this will change on Sunday.
- The time trial in Milan is billiards flat, an additional disadvantage for a climbing goat such as Hindley.
- Until Saturday, Hindley could operate in the shadow of Wilco Kelderman, but now the young Australian has to save the Giro from Sunweb. Can he handle that?
Why Tao Geoghegan Hart wins the Giro
- Geoghegan Hart is a better time trialist than you might think. In 2018 he finished 3rd against the clock in the Tour of California. He then left Filippo Ganna (5th) and Mikkel Bjerg (6th) behind.
- With Filippo Ganna and Rohan Dennis in the team, Geoghegan Hart has 2 time trial cannons in the team who can advise him down to the last detail how he should tackle the time trial, on which strip he can take a few seconds profit and so on.
Why Tao Geoghegan Hart doesn’t win the Giro
- Geoghegan Hart can save the season of Ineos, after the abandonment of Bernal in the Tour and Thomas in the Giro. Can he handle the pressure in a time trial with so much commitment?
- Almost all observers give the advantage to the Brit from Ineos, for them he has already won the Giro. Geoghegan Hart can almost only lose on Sunday, will that paralyze him?
|Giro 2020: most important starting times for the slot time trial|
|13.40u||Jonathan Dibben (GBr)||Lotto-Soudal|
|14.16u||Mikkel Bjerg (Den)||UAE Team Emirates|
|14.17u||Victor Campenaerts||NTT Pro Cycling|
|14.26u||Josef Cerny (Tsj)||CCC Team|
|14.51u||Jan Tratnik (Svn)||Bahrain-McLaren|
|14.52u||Filippo Ganna (Ita)||Ineos-Grenadiers|
|15.12u||Thomas De Gendt||Lotto-Soudal|
|15.17u||Rohan Dennis (Aus)||Ineos-Grenadiers|
|15.38u||Brandon McNulty (VS)||UAE Team Emirates|
|15.54u||Vincenzo Nibali (Ita)||Trek-Segafredo|
|15.57u||Jakob Fuglsang (Den)||Astana Pro Team|
|16.00u||Joao Almeida (By)||Deceuninck-Quick Step|
|16.06u||Wilco Kelderman (Ned)||Team Sunweb|
|16.09u||Tao Geoghegan Hart (GBr)||Ineos-Grenadiers|
|16.12u||Jai Hindley (Aus)||Team Sunweb|
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://sporza.be/nl/2020/10/24/jai-hindley-versus-tao-geoghegan-hart-wie-heeft-beste-papieren~1603577160636/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Jai Hindley versus Tao Geoghegan Hart: who has the best time... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at news1.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.