Honda draws first conclusions about the cause of the burning Gasly...


The Grand Prix of Portugal is also a challenge for the engine suppliers. The Algarve circuit will be visited for the first time in the history of the sport for the Formula 1 weekend this year. So, prior to the weekend, Honda could not rely on data it had already collected on the track in previous years, as it often can.

“It is certainly an interesting track,” said Toyoharu Tanabe, the technical director of Honda’s Formula 1 arm, starting his review of Friday at Portimao. “I think all drivers enjoy the challenges of the track. During the two practice sessions we focused on fine-tuning the engine in combination with the chassis so that its setup better suits the track.”

“We started the day with simulations, after which we were increasingly able to supplement it with data that we could actually collect on the track, in order to optimize the performance of the engine. We have the experience that we have on the other new ones. The circuits, Mugello and the Nurburgring, have gained use, allowing them to be more detailed, ”explains Tanabe-san.

The Japanese were faced with a major setback when AlphaTauri driver Pierre Gasly suddenly had to stop the fight during VT2. He parked his car along the track because his engine was on fire. The burning engine will undoubtedly have been an eyesore for Honda. The engine supplier of Red Bull and AlphaTauri is currently doing everything it can to find the problem, Tanabe explains. Although the cause of the fire has already been found, but the cause has not yet been found.

“Gasly’s incident during the second free practice session was caused by a power outage in the car. We are currently conducting an extensive investigation into the engine and chassis so that we can get to the bottom of the matter and determine the exact cause of the power failure. “said Honda’s ultimately responsible.


Source link by https://racingnews365.nl/honda-trekt-eerste-conclusies-over-oorzaak-brandende-motor-gasly

*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://racingnews365.nl/honda-trekt-eerste-conclusies-over-oorzaak-brandende-motor-gasly
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

These were the details of the news Honda draws first conclusions about the cause of the burning Gasly... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at news1.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT Australian defender Aziz Behich becomes Ronaldo’s new teammate at Al-Nassr