71 migrants intercepted in English Channel: authorities

71 migrants intercepted in English Channel: authorities
71 migrants intercepted in English Channel: authorities

Thank you for reading the news about 71 migrants intercepted in English Channel: authorities and now with the details

Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - LILLE: Seventy-one migrants were intercepted on several boats in the English Channel overnight, with some needing hospitalization for hyperthermia, French and British authorities said Thursday.
French sea rescuers received an alert in the early morning hours of a boat transporting 14 migrants who needed rescuing.
They were found in a state of hyperthermia and brought to a hospital in Boulogne-sur-Mer in northern France, joining eight others admitted a short while earlier, regional officials said.
The eight had taken to sea, trying to make their way to Britain, but turned back when their boat was spotted by patrollers.
British authorities, for their part, said they had rescued 49 people, including a minor, on four other boats overnight.
Over the past year, growing numbers of migrants from Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia have taken to the treacherous waters of the Channel in small fishing boats or inflatable dinghies.
Rights groups have linked the crossings to a police crackdown in Calais in northern France, which has made it harder for migrants to set up camp there.
Hundreds of migrants try to enter Britain annually through the world’s busiest waterway using unsafe boats.
At least four migrants have died so far this year attempting to make the dangerous crossing in the Channel, with its strong currents and very cold waters.

These were the details of the news 71 migrants intercepted in English Channel: authorities for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV After port blast, Lebanon has less than a month’s grain reserves, says minister
NEXT Macron says aid to blast-stricken Lebanon will not go to 'corrupt hands'