Hello and welcome to the details of Defective soda machine killed two McDonald's workers in Peru and now with the details
LIMA, Dec 22 — A defective soda vending machine was responsible for the deaths of two McDonald’s cleaners in Peru, the general manager for the Lima franchise told a local news station last night.
Carlos Campos, 19, and Alexandra Porrasa, 18, died late on December 15 as they cleaned the fast food restaurant in Lima’s Pueblo Libre district.
Police had said Monday the two were electrocuted.
Since the deaths, the chain has closed its 29 stores throughout the country, while the police and the prosecution investigate.
“Twenty-four hours before (the accident) it was already known that the machine had problems (...),” Jose Carlos Andrade, the general director of Arcos Dorados, the owner of the McDonald’s franchise in Peru, told television channel N.
“This has hit us all very hard and we are working hard to review all our processes, all our protocols, to ensure such a thing does not happen again,” he told the local station.
The company confirmed the soda machine would not be used in future.
The deaths prompted Peruvian President Martín Vizcarra to announce a bill to strengthen job security, as demonstrators rallied peacefully Saturday against labor abuses for the second time in a week. — AFP
These were the details of the news Defective soda machine killed two McDonald's workers in Peru for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.