We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Nigeria investigates second alleged fake government agency in weeks in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - ABUJA — Nigerian President Bola Tinubu ordered an investigation into a man accused of creating and operating a fake government agency, marking the second allegedly bogus agency uncovered in the country in recent weeks.
Musa Adamu Aliyu, head of Nigeria’s anti-corruption watchdog, announced the investigation Friday after briefing Tinubu in the capital, Abuja.
Authorities said the latest alleged fake agency, called the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was operating illegally from a government office and was headed by George Buchi Nwabueze.
Three senior government officials have been suspended in connection with the case, while authorities have issued an arrest warrant for Nwabueze.
The investigation follows the discovery last month of another purported government body, the Presidential Foreign Investment Promotion Council, which authorities said had operated for years.
The director of that organization allegedly met government officials and gained access to public funds before being arrested by police.
Aliyu said the investigation into the first organization led authorities to uncover the second alleged fake agency.
Analysts believe those behind the schemes may have worked with senior government officials to channel money from the national budget through the purported agencies.
Authorities have not disclosed whether Nwabueze or others involved in the latest case obtained public funds before the operation was uncovered.
These were the details of the news Nigeria investigates second alleged fake government agency in weeks for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.
