Man killed in shark attack off Australia's north-east coast

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Man killed in shark attack off Australia's north-east coast in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - SYDNEY — A 39-year-old man has died following a shark attack at Australia's Great Barrier Reef on Sunday, marking the second fatal incident of its kind in the country this month.
Queensland Police said the man was bitten near Kennedy Shoal, a shallow reef 45km off Queensland.
Emergency services were called to a boat ramp on the Cassowary Coast, between the cities of Cairns and Townsville, just before noon local time on Sunday, following reports of a man being attacked while swimming out at a nearby shoal.
Queensland Police said in a statement that the man was retrieved from the water but died from his injuries.
It is the second fatal shark attack in Australian coastal waters in as many weeks, after a 38-year-old was killed while spearfishing near Perth, in Western Australia, last Saturday.
In that incident, the man had been bitten on the lower legs and could not be revived.
Queensland Police did not reveal details of the injuries sustained by the latest victim, nor did it disclose the man's identity.
It said it will now prepare a report for the coroner on the "sudden and non-suspicious" death.
"As the matter is before the coroner, it would be inappropriate to comment further," the force added.
Shark attacks around Australia are more common than in many other parts of the world, though they are often not fatal.
There were four encounters with sharks across Australia in January, according to the Australian Shark-Incident Database, only one of which was fatal.

Advertisements

These were the details of the news Man killed in shark attack off Australia's north-east coast for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV India's Gen-Z 'cockroach party' claims website has been blocked by authorities
NEXT Is Taiwan already independent? As Trump-Xi summit nears, here’s what ‘Taiwan independence’ really means

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: [email protected]