Two trapped people alive after Philippines building collapse, rescue continues

Two trapped people alive after Philippines building collapse, rescue continues
Two trapped people alive after Philippines building collapse, rescue continues

Hello and welcome to the details of Two trapped people alive after Philippines building collapse, rescue continues and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - This handout photo taken and released on May 24, 2026 via the page of the Angeles City Public Information Office shows rescuers standing next to a collapsed building in Angeles City in Pampanga province. Nineteen people are feared trapped after a building under construction near Manila collapsed early on May 24, a local government official said. — Angeles City Public Information Office pic via AFP

Advertisements

MANILA, ‌May 24 — Two people feared trapped after a building collapse in the Philippines were alive and communicating with rescuers today, an official said, as rescue efforts continued. 

“They are in constant communication. We are awaiting more details, but our rescuers are doing their best to pull the survivors out of the rubble,” Jay Pelayo, information officer Angeles City north of the capital Manila, told Reuters. 

The number rescued in the collapse of the nine-storey building under construction, ‌including those in the vicinity, has risen to 24, with ⁠no deaths reported, Pelayo said ⁠in a phone interview. 

Among the rescued was ⁠a 51-year-old Malaysian national who ⁠was staying in ⁠a nearby budget hotel, which was damaged when the concrete structure collapsed. 

It was unclear how many were still feared trapped, ⁠with a site engineer saying 19 people had been working at the site, Pelayo said. “We are trying to determine whether all 19 were there.” 

He had told DZBB radio that 30 to 40 people were feared trapped, based on information from a site ⁠foreman who was among those who escaped. 

It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse, but the city engineer was reviewing ⁠the construction history, Pelayo said, adding that moving the concrete debris was ⁠a ⁠challenge for rescuers. 

Images shared by DZBB showed the building reduced to a heap of concrete and twisted metal, covered in green netting. Ambulances were on ‌standby and heavy equipment on its way to assist in the rescue, Pelayo said. — Reuters

 

These were the details of the news Two trapped people alive after Philippines building collapse, rescue continues for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’, dispute over strait reopening
NEXT Is Taiwan already independent? As Trump-Xi summit nears, here’s what ‘Taiwan independence’ really means

Author Information

I am Jeff King and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 4 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind Al-KhaleejToday.NET with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2016. I am an editor and reporter of “Financial” category. Address: 383 576 Gladwell Street Longview, TX 75604, USA Phone: (+1) 903-247-0907 Email: [email protected]