Iran rejects US claim of 32,000 protest deaths

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Iran rejects US claim of 32,000 protest deaths in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - TEHRAN — Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi on Saturday dismissed US claims that 32,000 civilians were killed during protests in Iran, saying Tehran has already released official figures and calling for evidence to support higher estimates.

US President Donald said Friday that 32,000 people were killed in Iran over a “relatively short period of time.”

Advertisements

“You know, the people of Iran are a lot different than the leaders of Iran, and it's very, very, very sad situation,” Trump said.

In remarks posted on the US social media platform X, Araghchi said Tehran had fulfilled its “pledge of full transparency” by publishing an official list documenting 3,117 victims of what he described as “recent terrorist operations,” including around 200 security personnel.

He added, “If anyone disputes accuracy of our data, please share any evidence.”

Earlier Friday, Trump said he was “considering” a limited military strike to pressure Iran into a deal, without providing further details.

Related Article

US pulls hundreds of troops from Qatar’s Al Udeid base: Report

US pulls hundreds of troops from Qatar’s Al Udeid base: Report

The latest wave of arrests comes weeks after protests in Iran that began peacefully over economic grievances but later turned violent, resulting in more than 3,000 deaths, according to official figures.

Iranian authorities accused the United States and Israel of backing what they described as “rioting” and “terrorism.”

Iran and the United States resumed nuclear negotiations earlier this month in the Omani capital Muscat, followed by another round of talks in Geneva on Tuesday under Oman’s mediation.

The renewed diplomacy comes amid heightened regional tensions, alongside a US military buildup in the Persian Gulf and Iranian military drills.

Trump, speaking at the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington, DC, on Thursday, warned that the United States would opt for military action against Iran “within 10 to 15 days” if negotiations fail.

These were the details of the news Iran rejects US claim of 32,000 protest deaths for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV After 2024 uprising, Bangladesh’s youth head to polls in historic leadership contest
NEXT Trump says Iran is negotiating with US as tensions escalate and warships move into region

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: [email protected]