US warship surge puts Iran strike option on table

US warship surge puts Iran strike option on table
US warship surge puts Iran strike option on table

Hello and welcome to the details of US warship surge puts Iran strike option on table and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - This handout photo released by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC)’s official website Sepanews on February 16, 2026, shows navy ships during a military exercise by members of the IRGC and navy in the Gulf. Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps on February 16 began a series of military exercises in the Strait of Hormuz, state media reported, on the eve of talks with the United States. — Sepah News handout pic via AFP

Advertisements

WASHINGTON, Feb 19 — The massive US military buildup in the Middle East, including warships, fighter jets, and refuelling aircraft, lays the foundation for a potentially sustained campaign against Iran — should President Donald give the order.

Trump — who ordered strikes on Iran last year — has repeatedly threatened Tehran with further military action if ongoing talks do not reach a replacement for the nuclear deal the US president tore up in 2018, during his first term in office.

CNN and CBS reported Wednesday that the US military will be ready to launch strikes against Iran as early as this weekend, though Trump has reportedly not made a final decision yet.

The presence of “so much firepower...in the region creates a momentum of its own,” said Susan Ziadeh, a senior adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

“Sometimes that momentum is a little hard to just put the brakes on and say, that’s it, we’re not doing anything,” Ziadeh said during a panel discussion Wednesday.

Ships 

Washington currently has 13 warships in the Middle East: one aircraft carrier — the USS Abraham Lincoln — nine destroyers and three littoral combat ships, with more on the way, according to a US official.

The USS Gerald R. Ford — the world’s largest aircraft carrier — is currently in the Atlantic Ocean en route from the Caribbean to the Middle East, after being ordered there by Trump earlier this month. It is accompanied by three destroyers.

It is rare for there to be two US aircraft carriers — which carry dozens of warplanes and are crewed by thousands of sailors — in the Middle East.

The United States had two of the massive warships in the region in June last year when it targeted three Iranian nuclear sites during Israel’s 12-day campaign of strikes on Iran.

Aircraft 

The United States has also sent a large fleet of aircraft to the Middle East, according to open-source intelligence accounts on X and flight-tracking website Flightradar24.

These include F-22 Raptor stealth fighter jets, F-15 and F-16 warplanes, and the KC-135 aerial refuelling aircraft that are needed to sustain their operations.

On Wednesday, Flightradar24 showed multiple KC-135s flying near or in the Middle East, as well as E3 Sentry airborne warning and control aircraft and cargo planes operating in the region.

Protests, threats, talks 

Trump ordered the Lincoln to the Middle East as Iran cracked down on protests that were initially driven by economic grievances, but which turned into a mass movement against the Islamic republic.

The clerical leadership that took power after the 1979 Islamic revolution responded to the demonstrations with deadly force and has held onto power, with many opponents of the system looking to outside intervention as the most likely driver of change.

Trump had repeatedly warned Iran that if it killed protesters, the United States would intervene militarily, and also encouraged Iranians to take over state institutions, saying “help is on the way.”

He pulled back from ordering strikes last month, saying Tehran had halted more than 800 executions under pressure from Washington, but has since renewed threats against Iran.

US and Iranian officials held talks in Geneva on Tuesday aimed at averting US military intervention, with Iran saying afterward that they had agreed on “guiding principles” for a deal.

But White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Wednesday that while there was “a little bit of progress made,” the two sides are “still very far apart on some issues.”

Leavitt also told journalists there are “many reasons and arguments that one could make for a strike against Iran,” adding: “Iran would be very wise to make a deal.” — AFP 

These were the details of the news US warship surge puts Iran strike option on table for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Man swept away by river Loire as floods hit France
NEXT Trump says Iran is negotiating with US as tensions escalate and warships move into region

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: [email protected]