Hello and welcome to the details of French hard left reports ‘bomb threat’ after far-right activist killing and now with the details
Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - Police officers of the dog handling team stand outside French leftist party La France Insoumise (LFI) national headquarters following a "bomb threat", after it was accused of partial responsibility in the killing of a far-right activist, in Paris on February 18, 2026. — AFP pic
LYON, Feb 18 — France’s hard-left party said it had had to evacuate its national headquarters over a “bomb threat” today, after prosecutors confirmed 11 arrests over the fatal beating of a far-right activist last week blamed on the ultra left.
Quentin Deranque, 23, died after sustaining a severe brain injury when he was attacked by at least six people last week. The attack happened on the sidelines of a far-right protest against a hard-left politician speaking at a university in the southeastern city of Lyon.
The incident has fuelled tension between France’s far right and hard left ahead of municipal elections in March and the 2027 presidential race, in which the far-right National Rally (RN) party is seen as having its best chance yet at the top job.
“The national headquarters of LFI have just been evacuated following a bomb threat,” Manuel Bompard, party coordinator of the France Unbowed (LFI) party said on X today.
“Police services are on site. All employees and activists are safe,” he added.
The incident followed an update from the southeastern city of Lyon’s prosecutor, Thierry Dran, on the latest arrests related to Deranque’s death.
A man suspected of having a direct link to the violence, and his partner, suspected of having helped him evade justice, were taken into custody as part of the investigation for “intentional homicide”, Dran said.
Six of the other detainees are suspected of having participated in the beating and three of aiding them, a source following the case said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
An assistant to Raphael Arnault, a member of parliament from the hard-left France Unbowed (LFI) party, was among the first four detained, the source said.
Arnault said he was firing the assistant.
Political divisions
An anti-immigration collective called Nemesis, which claims to fight violence against Western women, said Deranque had been at the protest in Lyon to protect its members.
Nemesis has blamed the killing on La Jeune Garde (Young Guard), an anti-fascist youth group co-founded by Arnault before he was elected to parliament.
Jordan Bardella, who heads the RN, said after the arrests that the LFI leader Jean-Luc Melenchon had “moral and political responsibility” for what happened, claiming he had “opened the doors of the National Assembly to suspected murderers”.
While the government has singled out the LFI and La Jeune Garde, the Lyon prosecutor has declined to comment on those claims, only specifying the incident was being investigated as a voluntary homicide and aggravated assault.
Opinion polls put the far right in the lead for the presidency in 2027, when President Emmanuel Macron will have to step down after the maximum two consecutive terms in office.
A poll of 1,000 people published on Sunday placed Bardella as the preferred candidate in the 2027 vote.
In snap parliamentary polls in 2024, the left, including LFI, had allied against the far right.
The centrist president however lost his majority in parliament, and the RN became the biggest party in the lower house.
Socialist lawmaker and former president Francois Hollande was the latest left-winger to reject another such arrangement with LFI today.
“For municipal elections, there can be no alliance between the Socialists or parties of the reformist left and LFI in the second round, that’s clear,” he told broadcaster BFMTV. — AFP
These were the details of the news French hard left reports ‘bomb threat’ after far-right activist killing for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.



