Russia pounds southern Ukraine after deadly Kyiv strike

Russia pounds southern Ukraine after deadly Kyiv strike
Russia pounds southern Ukraine after deadly Kyiv strike

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Russia pounds southern Ukraine after deadly Kyiv strike in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - KYIV — Russia launched a mass attack on southern Ukraine overnight into Saturday, killing at least one civilian and wounding 28 others, including children, in the Zaporizhzhia region, local officials said.

The assault came two days after a rare and deadly strike on central Kyiv killed 23 people and damaged European Union diplomatic offices.

Zaporizhzhia Gov. Ivan Fedorov said a five-storey residential building was hit in the latest bombardment.

According to Ukraine’s Air Force, Russia fired 537 strike drones and decoys, along with 45 missiles.

Ukrainian defenses intercepted or neutralized 510 drones and decoys, and 38 missiles.

Thursday’s strike on Kyiv was one of the largest and deadliest since Moscow’s full-scale invasion began in 2022. Children were among the dead, and rescue workers spent hours pulling victims from the rubble.

The Kremlin insisted afterward that it remained committed to peace talks despite the scale of the attack.

The escalation coincided with Washington’s approval of a major new arms deal for Ukraine.

Hours after Thursday’s attack, the administration authorized an $825 million weapons package that includes extended-range missiles and related equipment to bolster Ukraine’s defenses.

The surge in violence underscores the fragile state of U.S.-led efforts to end the three-year war, as diplomatic initiatives have so far struggled to halt the conflict or curb Moscow’s military campaign. — Agencies



These were the details of the news Russia pounds southern Ukraine after deadly Kyiv strike for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Appeals court strikes down Trump’s sweeping emergency tariffs, leaving fate to Supreme Court
NEXT Trump-Harvard crossfire: University accused of censorship after scrapping Palestine-themed journal issue

Author Information

I am Jeff King and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 4 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind Al-KhaleejToday.NET with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2016. I am an editor and reporter of “Financial” category. Address: 383 576 Gladwell Street Longview, TX 75604, USA Phone: (+1) 903-247-0907 Email: [email protected]