We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Ukraine begins talks with US on new critical minerals deal in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - KYIV — Ukraine has begun formal consultations with the United States on a proposed new deal concerning critical mineral resources, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha announced on Tuesday.
Speaking at a joint press conference in Kyiv with Lithuanian Foreign Minister Kestutis Budrys, Sybiha confirmed that Ukraine received the draft text of the expanded agreement from Washington on March 28.
“I also confirm to you that we have begun appropriate consultations with the American side regarding the text of the agreement,” Sybiha said. He noted that one round of talks has already taken place, though he did not disclose any details.
Sybiha stressed that Ukraine is committed to finalizing a deal that aligns with the national interests of both countries.
“The Ukrainian side is determined to conclude a document that would meet the mutual national interests of both the United States and Ukraine,” he said, adding that the agreement is expected to contribute to Ukraine’s security infrastructure.
“We will work with our American colleagues to reach a mutually acceptable text for signing,” he added.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy had earlier revealed that the draft agreement was formally delivered to his office on March 28.
The deal had initially been slated for signing during his visit to Washington on February 28, but the meeting collapsed amid tensions with U.S. President Donald Trump and Vice President JD Vance, who reportedly criticized Zelenskyy for what they described as a lack of appreciation for years of U.S. support. — Agencies
These were the details of the news Ukraine begins talks with US on new critical minerals deal for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.