Iran rejects direct nuclear talks with US after Trump letter

Iran rejects direct nuclear talks with US after Trump letter
Iran rejects direct nuclear talks with US after Trump letter

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Iran rejects direct nuclear talks with US after letter in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - TEHRAN — Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian announced Sunday that Tehran has rejected direct negotiations with the United States over its nuclear program, responding to a letter from President Donald Trump delivered via Oman.

“We don’t avoid talks; it’s the breach of promises that has caused issues for us so far,” Pezeshkian said during a Cabinet meeting, broadcast on state television. “They must prove that they can build trust.”

While ruling out direct talks, Pezeshkian left the door open to indirect negotiations. However, diplomatic progress remains stalled since Trump’s withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear agreement in his first term and his renewed “maximum pressure” campaign on Iran.

The Iranian president’s statement marked Tehran’s first official response to Trump’s letter, in which the U.S. leader urged Iran to return to talks — or face severe consequences.

In a comment aired by NBC News on Sunday, Trump said: “If they don’t make a deal, there will be bombing and it will be bombing the likes of which they have never seen before.”

Tensions between the two nations have sharply escalated amid continued hostilities in the region, including U.S. airstrikes on Houthi positions in Yemen and Israel’s offensive in Gaza. Iran has also launched recent missile attacks on Israel, though they caused minimal damage.

Pezeshkian, elected six months ago on a platform of engaging the West, initially favored dialogue. But his tone hardened following a February speech by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who dismissed talks with Trump’s administration as “neither intelligent, wise, nor honorable.”

Tehran’s rejection of direct talks comes as its uranium enrichment nears weapons-grade levels. A recent UN nuclear watchdog report confirmed accelerated enrichment to 60% purity — far above the 3.67% limit set by the 2015 deal.

Trump’s letter to Khamenei, dated March 12, reportedly warned of a military option if Iran refuses negotiations. The gesture recalled Trump’s earlier diplomacy with North Korea, which yielded no disarmament deal despite high-profile meetings.

The U.S. administration has not officially responded to Iran’s rejection, but Trump has signaled he is prepared to escalate both militarily and economically if Tehran refuses to comply. — Agencies


These were the details of the news Iran rejects direct nuclear talks with US after Trump letter for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Putin calls up 160,000 men to Russian army in latest conscription drive
NEXT UK charities launch Myanmar Earthquake Appeal

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: Joshuakelly@al-khaleejtoday.net