Prince Harry loses first appeal bid in challenge over his UK police protection

Prince Harry loses first appeal bid in challenge over his UK police protection
Prince Harry loses first appeal bid in challenge over his UK police protection

Hello and welcome to the details of Prince Harry loses first appeal bid in challenge over his UK police protection and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - Harry, King Charles’ younger son, had brought the action against the government at the High Court in London after the Home Office - the ministry responsible for policing - decided in February 2020 that he would cease to automatically receive personal police security while in Britain. — Reuters pic

LONDON, April 15 — Prince Harry has lost his first attempt to appeal against the dismissal of his legal challenge over the British government’s decision to take away his police protection when he is in Britain, a court spokesperson said today.

Harry, King Charles’ younger son, had brought the action against the government at the High Court in London after the Home Office - the ministry responsible for policing - decided in February 2020 that he would cease to automatically receive personal police security while in Britain.

Harry, along with other senior royals, had received full publicly-funded security protection provided by the state before he stepped back from his royal duties and moved to California with his American wife Meghan in March 2020.

His lawyers told a hearing in December that the decision to take this away subjected him to unlawful, unfair and unjustifiable treatment.

Advertisement

But the government’s legal team said the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures, known as RAVEC, had not decided Harry should not receive protection, but that he should not have it on the same basis.

The High Court agreed, concluding that there had been no unlawfulness in the decision and dismissed Harry’s legal challenge.

The court refused to give Harry permission to appeal, a court spokesperson said on Monday, adding that the prince can apply directly to the Court of Appeal. — Reuters

Advertisement

These were the details of the news Prince Harry loses first appeal bid in challenge over his UK police protection for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Nine accused of ‘Reichsbuerger’ coup plot go on trial in Germany
NEXT Top French university loses funding over pro-Palestinian protests

Author Information

I have been an independent financial adviser for over 11 years in the city and in recent years turned my experience in finance and passion for journalism into a full time role. I perform analysis of Companies and publicize valuable information for shareholder community. Address: 2077 Sharon Lane Mishawaka, IN 46544, USA Phone: (+1) 574-255-1083 Email: [email protected]