French PM vows to ‘hunt down’ senders of school attack threats

French PM vows to ‘hunt down’ senders of school attack threats
French PM vows to ‘hunt down’ senders of school attack threats

Hello and welcome to the details of French PM vows to ‘hunt down’ senders of school attack threats and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - France's Prime Minister Gabriel Attal (C), flanked by France's Minister for Justice Eric Dupond-Moretti (L), France's Deputy Minister for Children, Youth and Families Sarah El Hairy (2ndR) and France's Minister for Education and Youth Nicole Belloubet (R), addresses media following a meeting focused on school safety at Hotel Matignon in Paris on March 21, 2024. — AFP pic

PARIS, March 22 — Prime Minister Gabriel Attal yesterday pledged to “hunt down” the people responsible for sending threats to at least 30 schools in the Paris region this week.

The schools received threatening messages accompanied by “shocking” footage of beheadings, according to France’s education ministry.

The establishments — mainly secondary schools — received “serious threats” containing “justification of and incitement to terrorism,” a representative of the education ministry told AFP.

The messages came through the ENT digital platform that serves as a link between teachers, pupils and parents, internal emails, or the Pronote software used by the education ministry.

Advertisement

“They think they will remain anonymous but we will hunt them down,” Attal said after chairing a meeting on school security.

“We will punish them.”

Investigators were working to “identify the perpetrators”, the ministry said earlier, adding that psychological support had been offered to children or adults who had watched the “shocking videos”.

Advertisement

According to a police source, at least five high schools in the department of Yvelines west of Paris received bomb threats between Wednesday and yesterday.

Perpetrators “hacked a student’s email address” in order to distribute the message and a beheading video, the source said.

One school in the Val-d’Oise department northwest of the capital received a message “threatening a terrorist attack yesterday”, a police source said. The email came with “links to a video showing people being decapitated”.

In the Seine-et-Marne department, east of Paris, a secondary school received a message saying explosives had been hidden throughout the establishment, another police source said.

The latest threats follow a flurry of false bomb alerts that targeted schools, airport and tourist sites in autumn 2023.

In October, a radicalised Islamist stabbed a former teacher to death in the northern town of Arras. — AFP

These were the details of the news French PM vows to ‘hunt down’ senders of school attack threats for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV US diplomat turned Cuban spy jailed for 15 years
NEXT Barrage of Russian attacks aims to cut Ukraine's lights

Author Information

I have been an independent financial adviser for over 11 years in the city and in recent years turned my experience in finance and passion for journalism into a full time role. I perform analysis of Companies and publicize valuable information for shareholder community. Address: 2077 Sharon Lane Mishawaka, IN 46544, USA Phone: (+1) 574-255-1083 Email: [email protected]