US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin released from hospital

US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin released from hospital
US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin released from hospital

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin released from hospital in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - WASHINGTON — US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has been released from hospital and resumed his duties, the Pentagon has said.

Austin, 70, was admitted to the critical care unit at a DC-area hospital on Sunday for symptoms of an "emergent bladder issue".

In a statement, Austin's doctors said he was in "good condition" after receiving non-surgical treatment.

They added that the bladder issue was unrelated to Austin's prostate cancer diagnosis of late last year.

This latest hospital stay "will have no effect on his excellent cancer prognosis", said Dr John Maddox and Dr Gregory Chesnut.

The Pentagon chief had been under scrutiny for failing to disclose previous hospital stays related to his cancer diagnosis in December and January.

Austin apologized for his handling of the incident, which drew criticism from Republicans and Democrats alike and stoked concerns about both transparency and security.

The defense secretary is just below the president in the chain of command for the US military and is regarded as one of the most important members of the cabinet.

Three separate investigations were launched as a result.

The secretary is expected to testify before Congress later this month about his failure to advise officials of his illness.

The Pentagon announced on Sunday that the secretary had been admitted to hospital again, adding that the news had been disclosed to the chain of command.

Austin was in the intensive care unit for the duration of his stay and briefly transferred duties to his deputy. He canceled a trip to Nato headquarters, where he was due to lead a meeting of the Ukraine Defence Contact Group in Brussels on Wednesday.

After his release from the hospital on Tuesday evening, Austin will work from home an unspecified period, his doctors said, before returning to his office at the defence department.

"He is anticipated to continue his full recovery," they said. — BBC


These were the details of the news US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin released from hospital for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Zimbabwe's President Mnangagwa declares national disaster over drought
NEXT Biden avoids a further Mideast spiral as Israel and Iran show restraint. But for how long?

Author Information

I am Jeff King and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 4 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind Al-KhaleejToday.NET with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2016. I am an editor and reporter of “Financial” category. Address: 383 576 Gladwell Street Longview, TX 75604, USA Phone: (+1) 903-247-0907 Email: [email protected]