Philippines tells China to stop provocative actions in South China Sea

Philippines tells China to stop provocative actions in South China Sea
Philippines tells China to stop provocative actions in South China Sea

Hello and welcome to the details of Philippines tells China to stop provocative actions in South China Sea and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - The BRP Sierra Madre, a former warship grounded on the Second Thomas Shoal and used as a base for Philippine marines. The shoal is in the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone. — Reuters pic

MANILA, Oct 23 — The Philippines repeated its call for China to stop “provocative actions”, warning that its attempts to block Manila’s resupply missions to a disputed atoll in the South China Sea could have “disastrous results”.

Jonathan Malaya, spokesperson at the National Security Council (NSC), said in a news conference on Monday that China’s move to interfere with a resupply mission on Sunday resulted in damage to one of Manila’s boats, but that no one was harmed.

In the incident early Sunday, China’s coastguard said there had been a “slight collision” between one of its ships and the Philippine boat while the coastguard was “lawfully” blocking the boat from transporting “illegal construction materials” to the warship.

The ship was resupplying the BRP Sierra Madre, a former warship grounded on the Second Thomas Shoal and used as a base for Philippine marines. The shoal is in the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone.

Advertisement

Manila responded by condemning “in the strongest degree” the “dangerous blocking manoeuvres” of the Chinese vessel.

It has also summoned the Chinese ambassador and has filed a diplomatic protest, its foreign ministry said.

The Philippine Coast Guard has yet to evaluate the extent of damage to the supply boat’s hull, but its spokesperson, Jay Tarriela said in the same news conference that it was “deep” and “more than a scratch”.

Advertisement

NSC’s Malaya accused China of “increasing tensions” in the South China Sea and maintained it was China’s actions that caused Sunday’s collision.

“We are relieved and thankful that no Filipino personnel were harmed. But we are concerned by the escalation and provocations by Chinese vessels who have no business being in the West Philippine Sea,” Malaya said. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Philippines tells China to stop provocative actions in South China Sea for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV US judge says Trump’s ex-lawyer Giuliani can fight US$148m defamation verdict, if someone else pays
NEXT Palestinian minister: No ‘miracles’ expected at talks on unified government

Author Information

I have been an independent financial adviser for over 11 years in the city and in recent years turned my experience in finance and passion for journalism into a full time role. I perform analysis of Companies and publicize valuable information for shareholder community. Address: 2077 Sharon Lane Mishawaka, IN 46544, USA Phone: (+1) 574-255-1083 Email: [email protected]