Bahrain says fourth soldier dies after Yemeni rebel attack

Bahrain says fourth soldier dies after Yemeni rebel attack
Bahrain says fourth soldier dies after Yemeni rebel attack

Hello and welcome to the details of Bahrain says fourth soldier dies after Yemeni rebel attack and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - File photo of Huthi-affiliated security forces standing guard during a ceremony marking the birth anniversary of Islam's Prophet Mohammad, in Sanaa on September 27, 2023. — AFP pic

MANAMA, Bahrain, Sept 30 — A fourth Bahraini soldier has died after an attack this week on his country’s contingent in the Saudi-led coalition battling Yemen’s Huthi rebels, the Gulf archipelago’s army said.

Bahrain had previously announced the deaths of three of its soldiers in Monday’s attack near the Saudi border with Yemen. It accused the Huthis of carrying out the drone strike that killed them.

First Lieutenant Hamad Khalifa al-Kubaisi had yesterday “succumbed to serious injuries as a result of the treacherous Huthi attack”, the Bahraini army said.

He had been wounded while “performing his national duty”, it said in a statement posted on social media.

This is the most significant Bahraini troop loss in the Yemen conflict since five soldiers were killed in 2015.

Saudi Arabia, the United States, France and the United Nations have condemned the attack.

Bahrain and the United States were among the countries that blamed the attack on the Huthi rebels, who have yet to make any comment on the matter.

Monday’s drone strike was reported only hours after a statement by the Huthis decried “Saudi bombings” which they said wounded four people in their stronghold of Saada, near Yemen’s northern border with Saudi Arabia.

Bahrain has taken part in the military intervention spearheaded by Saudi Arabia since 2015 in support of the Yemeni government against the Iran-backed Huthi rebels.

A Huthi delegation held five days of talks in Saudi Arabia this month aimed at consolidating a UN-brokered ceasefire, which has largely held despite officially expiring in October. — AFP

These were the details of the news Bahrain says fourth soldier dies after Yemeni rebel attack for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Hundreds arrive for Navalny funeral despite Kremlin warning
NEXT Italy foreign minister urges ‘immediate ceasefire’ in Gaza

Author Information

I have been an independent financial adviser for over 11 years in the city and in recent years turned my experience in finance and passion for journalism into a full time role. I perform analysis of Companies and publicize valuable information for shareholder community. Address: 2077 Sharon Lane Mishawaka, IN 46544, USA Phone: (+1) 574-255-1083 Email: [email protected]