Nagorno-Karabakh forces agree Azerbaijan demand to disarm

Nagorno-Karabakh forces agree Azerbaijan demand to disarm
Nagorno-Karabakh forces agree Azerbaijan demand to disarm

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Nagorno-Karabakh forces agree Azerbaijan demand to disarm in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - LONDON — Twenty-four hours after Azerbaijan's army launched an offensive in Nagorno-Karabakh, ethnic-Armenian forces have agreed Russian terms for a ceasefire.

One of the key demands that Karabakh forces have accepted is a proposal for complete disarmament.

Some 120,000 ethnic Armenians live in the South Caucasus enclave, recognized internationally as part of Azerbaijan.

Three years ago, Azerbaijan recaptured areas in and around Karabakh and on Tuesday demanded a full surrender.

Karabakh officials say at least 27 people have been killed and another 200 wounded since the Azerbaijani military launched what it called "anti-terror" operations.

Azerbaijan's presidency said officials would meet Karabakh's Armenian representatives for talks on "issues of re-integration" in the Azerbaijani town of Yevlakh on Thursday.

The town is some 100km (60 miles) north of Karabakh's regional capital, Khankendi, known as Stepanakert by Armenians.

Leaders in the enclave said in a statement that through mediation carried out by Russian peacekeepers an agreement had been reached on a complete cessation of hostilities from 13:00 local time (09:00 GMT).

However, loud explosions could still be heard in the regional capital just after the ceasefire came into effect. — BBC


These were the details of the news Nagorno-Karabakh forces agree Azerbaijan demand to disarm for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Nepal police say ‘no chances of finding survivors’ three days after bus plunges into river; 55 still missing
NEXT US military raises alert level for Europe bases: reports

Author Information

I am Joshua Kelly and I focus on breaking news stories and ensuring we (“Al-KhaleejToday.NET”) offer timely reporting on some of the most recent stories released through market wires about “Services” sector. I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for Al-KhaleejToday.NET specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends. Address: 838 Emily Drive Hampton, SC 29924, USA Phone: (+1) 803-887-5567 Email: [email protected]