Hello and welcome to the details of Trump lawyer in June said classified material had been returned, reports NY Times and now with the details
Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - An itemised list of property seized in the execution of a search warrant by the FBI at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, shows documents listed as ‘Secret,’ ‘Confidential’ and ‘Top Secret’ is seen after being released by the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida in West Palm Beach, Florida, U=S. August 12, 2022. — Reuters pic
WASHINGTON, Aug 14 — A lawyer for former US President Donald Trump signed a statement in June that said all classified material held in boxes at Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence had been returned to the government, the New York Times reported yesterday.
The statement was signed after Jay Bratt, a top national security official in the US Department of Justice, visited Trump's South Florida beach club on June 3, the New York Times reported. Bratt met with two Trump lawyers to discuss the handling of classified information during the visit, the newspaper said.
Trump is under federal investigation for possible violations of the Espionage Act, which makes it unlawful to spy for another country or mishandle US defense information, including sharing it with people not authorised to receive it, a search warrant made public on Friday showed.
FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago this week and removed 11 sets of classified documents including some marked as top secret, according to the Justice Department.
The existence of the Trump attorney statement suggests that Trump and his team may not have fully disclosed information about classified documents in the former president's residence, the Times reported.
Reuters was not able to independently confirm the report. The Justice Department declined to comment.
Taylor Budowich, a Trump spokesperson, criticised the FBI search in a statement as an "unprecedented and unnecessary raid" that was part of another "Democrat-fabricated witch hunt."
Budowich did not confirm or deny the New York Times report.
The chairs of the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee and the Committee on Oversight and Reform yesterday asked the director of national intelligence, Avril Haines, to review what damage may have been done to national security by Trump's having the highly classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.
"Former President Trump's conduct has potentially put our national security at grave risk. This issue demands a full review, in addition to the ongoing law enforcement inquiry," the two committee chairs, both Democrats, said in a three-page letter, which they publicly released.
Representative Carolyn Maloney is chair of the Oversight Committee, and Representative Adam Schiff is chair of the Intelligence Committee. — Reuters
These were the details of the news Trump lawyer in June said classified material had been returned, reports NY Times for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.