Turkish tourism video taken down after online outcry

Turkish tourism video taken down after online outcry
Turkish tourism video taken down after online outcry

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Turkish tourism video taken down after online outcry in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - ANKARA — Turkey's tourism minister is facing calls to resign after public criticism of an official video promoting tourism that includes workers wearing "Enjoy, I'm vaccinated" face masks.

The video was released by the government-linked Go Turkiye travel guide on Thursday, and encourages foreign tourists to visit the "safe haven" for holidays.

"Sanitised resorts and vaccinated staff," the video said as masked waiters were seen serving unmasked visitors. "We call it double safety for tourism. Our guests call it peace of mind."

Thursday's video was not received well by Turks, many of whom said they found it insulting. This resulted in a hashtag trending on the same day calling for the tourism minister's resignation.

According to social media users, the video likened the use of "Enjoy, I'm vaccinated" masks to branding cattle - and said the advertisement suggested Turks were subservient to foreigners. The video has since been removed from all platforms.

Turkey is currently in its final days of a strict lockdown, requiring businesses to close and people stay at home - except for exempt workers and foreign tourists.

In April, coronavirus infections hit highs of 62,000 a day. Restrictions have since lowered this to around 11,500.

Vaccines have so far been prioritized for tourism workers as part of a push to "vaccinate all people tourists may see by the end of May". Nearly 13% of the population have now received both doses of China's Sinovac or the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine; however, many are still waiting their turn.

From May 17, Turkey will no longer require visitors to present a negative COVID-19 test when arriving from countries including Latvia, Luxembourg, Ukraine, Estonia and the United Kingdom. Also on the list are Hong Kong, China, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, Israel and Japan.

Anyone arriving from India, Brazil or South Africa will be required to undergo quarantine. — Euronews


These were the details of the news Turkish tourism video taken down after online outcry for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta — WHO uses Greek alphabet to name COVID-19 variants