Philippines foreign minister issues expletive-laced tweet over China sea dispute

Philippines foreign minister issues expletive-laced tweet over China sea dispute
Philippines foreign minister issues expletive-laced tweet over China sea dispute

Hello and welcome to the details of Philippines foreign minister issues expletive-laced tweet over China sea dispute and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - A Chinese Coast Guard patrol ship (left) is seen near an unidentified vessel at South China Sea, in a handout photo distributed by the Philippine Coast Guard April 15 and taken according to the source either on April 13 or 14, 2021. — Reuters pic

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.


MANILA, May 3 — The Philippine foreign minister today demanded in an expletive-laced message on Twitter that China’s vessels get out of disputed waters, marking the latest exchange in a war of words with Beijing over its activities in the South China Sea.

The comments by Teodoro Locsin, known for making blunt remarks at times, follow Manila’s protests for what it calls the “illegal” presence of hundreds of Chinese boats inside the Philippines 200-mile Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).

“China, my friend, how politely can I put it? Let me see O GET THE F**K OUT,” Locsin said in a tweet on his personal account.

“What are you doing to our friendship? You. Not us. We’re trying. You. You’re like an ugly oaf forcing your attentions on a handsome guy who wants to be a friend; not to father a Chinese province ”, Locsin said.

China’s embassy in Manila did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Chinese officials have previously said the vessels at the disputed Whitsun Reef were fishing boats taking refuge from rough seas.

China claims almost the entire South China Sea, through which about US$3 trillion (RM12.3 trillion) of ship-borne trade passes each year. In 2016, an arbitration tribunal in The Hague ruled the claim, which Beijing bases on its old maps, was inconsistent with international law.

In a statement today, the Philippine foreign ministry accused China’s coast guard of “shadowing, blocking, dangerous manoeuvres, and radio challenges of the Philippine coast guard vessels.”

Philippine officials believe the Chinese vessels are manned by militia.

On Sunday, the Philippines vowed to continue maritime exercises in its EEZ in the South China Sea in response to a China demand that it stop actions it said could escalate disputes.

As of April 26, the Philippines had filed 78 diplomatic protests to China since President Rodrigo Duterte took office in 2016, foreign ministry data shows.

“Our statements are stronger too because of the more brazen nature of the activities, the number, frequency and proximity of intrusions,” Marie Yvette Banzon-Abalos, executive director for strategic communications at the foreign ministry, said.

Duterte for the most part has pursued warmer ties with China in exchange for Beijing’s promises of billions of dollars in investment, aid and loans.

While the Philippine leader still considers China “a good friend”, he said last week: “There are things that are not really subject to a compromise.” — Reuters

These were the details of the news Philippines foreign minister issues expletive-laced tweet over China sea dispute for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV UAE coronavirus cases, recoveries remain steady as vaccination campaign continues
NEXT Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta — WHO uses Greek alphabet to name COVID-19 variants